Amanda,
While you were sleeping the neatest thing took place. There were several friends of yours who met in the hospital lobby to pray for you, and afterwards Debbie Koske brought each of them up to your room, and they walked over to your bed, quietly, one at a time, touched your prayer shawl, lifted you up in prayer before God Almighty, and then smiled at you. It was truly a special time ... worshipful ... and I sensed the presence of God in the room .... He too, smiling upon this incredible spontaneous act of love between friends and sisters in Christ. I know with all my heart that God will bless what just happened. It was very moving, as your father, to sit by your bed and watch this take place. You are so loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are loved Amanda. Very greatly loved
Amanda! it was so great to see you tonight. all of us thought that you looked so peaceful and happy while you were asleep. God must have been with you in your dreams. we love you and will always be here for you until you beat this. i can't wait until you can go home. stay strong during the rest of your treatment. we will be praying for you even when we're not there with you.
i love you! ~Alexis
"You are loved Amanda. Very greatly loved". What a wonderful way to begin this thread. I think we all share that emotion.
Amanda, you may wonder how I can love you even though we have never formally met. I only know you as the pretty young lady your proud father pointed out as one of his twins on the day we flew the helicopter to The Hill and then had a barbecue. First impressions matter, and your smiling face and your happy eyes provided me a glimpse into the person you are. It's not surprising you have so many friends raising you up to the Lord for his healing hand.
"While you were sleeping..." your dad stood witness to the love of Christ and the love of your friends with every tender hand that touched your prayer shawl.
Amanda, you are blessed because you are so loved.
Kevin
Amanda,
I would like to introduce myself.
I work with your grandmother at the library. She also is in the same Bible Study class on Sunday mornings with me. In addition she is taking a discipleship class on Sunday nights that I have the privilege to facilitate. She is a wonderful lady and I consider her a friend.
We have been praying for you in our classes and you are in my prayers and thoughts daily.
'The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for HIS compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Thy faithfulness.' Lamentatitons 3:23,24
May God Bless!
In His Love,
Kathy B
amanda, i was soo encouraging to see you. you look beatiful when you sleep just fyi. = ) i can't wait til you are allowed to go home. you have earned it. just remember take this thing day by day. God is with you and he loves you soo much and we do too. i love you amanda.~mollie
Post a Comment