Just a quick note for you all to let you know that we are back home from Amanda's port procedure.
Amanda and I started this day very early - we were up a little after 5:00 a.m. (which is not early to some of you, like our Grandmother Carlene, but for me and Amanda - it was like the middle of the night. We stopped and looked at the stars on the way to the car. Stars. Yeah. We both like stars, really we do, but not at 5:30 in the morning. Ugh.)
The procedure got started just around 7:00 or so and Dr. Ram (which is short for a long, lovely sounding Indian name that I can not spell and perhaps not even pronounce correctly) had told us to expect that she could be in surgery for 1 1/2 hours or so. The nurse said to be prepared to be in there up to 2. I am very happy to tell everyone that Dr. Ram came to me said it went so well that it took him just around 40 minutes to place the port. He was very pleased. Amanda quickly woke back up in recovery and was ready for her t-shirt and sweatpants as soon as she saw me. What wonderful words to for me to hear.
Thank you, thank you to each of you who kept Amanda and this procedure in your prayers. I want you to know that they were answered and we are so very grateful.
We will give more details regarding Monday's tests when we get our call. For now, I think I am going to go up and join my daughter for a much needed nap.
Right now my heart is grateful for today's answered prayers,
denise
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Denise,
Hey, just wanted to let you know we are all thinking of you and praying for Amanda and the family, I have told Coach Denney, Dr. Walsh and the Fuxa's and they all send their love and prayers. We will keep in touch. Great site, great idea. You are an amazing woman Denise and I know you and your wonderful husband and family will be blessed.
Brad
Amanda - what a brave girl you are! I am so glad that todays procedure went well and it is all over with. God does answer prayers. Enjoy that nap! And take care!!!!
Love,
Jessica
Dear all,
We were thrilled to hear that the port went in smoothly and in such a swift manner. Now that is over with and you can move on to the next step. By reading all your messages, you must know that you aren't alone in this process. You have many people who love you all and are praying for you.
Love,
Grandma Mary
Amanda,
Way to go! God loves you so very much. He was overseeing the entire procedure. I'm sure you are glad that it is over! Hang in there! We love you!
hey manda its ruthie...again lol
hey im so happy that everything went smoothly. we were definatly praying for you. you me maddie and steph should get together this weekend if you are up to it.
love you sooo much!!!!
~ruthiepooh
Dear Ones..........Larry and Denise, Haley, Joshua, Amanda, Caleb, Abby and Anna.............This morning as I started my day with Him, I wanted to write and tell you all that I am 'praying without ceasing' for you as you take this journey.........this portion of your family's journey...........together. My heart is sad that you have to endure the hard stuff........especially, you, Amanda..........but at the same time, peacefull because I know, know, know that He is right there giving you EVERYthing you need each and every step of the way..............and maybe even rejoicing for all that He will accomplish in and thru you as you live out the perfect plan He has for you in this. His promises are always, always, always true..........and He promised in Romans 8:28 that ALL things work together for GOOD for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose! And that what our enemy intends for bad, He will turn into Good!
Larry and Denise............I ask constantly for His JOY to abound in you. The JOY of the Lord is our STRENGTH- - - -and I know that whatever you need to get thru each days 'stuff' will be met in His strength..............which is always made perfect in our weakness. I ask always that He be BIG in all that you are and do...........My Mother's heart hurts for you................both as a mother to you, and as a mother with you. But everything about you and your family and parenting says "We can do this!" God is gonna show Himself strong, mighty and glorious and we will NEVER stop praising Him and giving Him Glory for ALL he does during this portion of your journey as a family. I love you guys....like always. I am always here for you if ever you need me for anything, at anytime, in anyplace or way................and I am always with you in my prayers, and with every other thought of my days and nights!
Amanda............my heart hurts for all the tough medical stuff you have already and have yet to get thru. But, from all I know about you, I know you have the 'right stuff'! And God can trust YOU to trust Him with all of it and allow Him to do a work in you that is gonna bring Him glory! He will use you to touch so many others thru this. I pray always for the nurses and docs, technicians and other folks you encounter as you go thru your days.........that they will be the very heart and hands of Jesus to you as they care for you and do the things they must. And that the Great Physician will guide their thoughts/minds and hands as they plan and administer your care....and, perhaps most importantly, that they will meet Jesus everytime they see you! As much as we all love you, Amanda, He loves you more! NOthing, NOthing, NOTHING will touch you that doesn't pass thru His hands first! He will go thru every procedure, every treatment and every battle with you...............I pray for diminished pain, side effects and consequences for everything you encounter.........And I know that "the two of you" are well able to endure whatever comes your way!
Haley and Joshua---I know it is so hard to be 'away' from your family right now. But, you know, none of this is a surprise to God, and His timing is always right. So, I pray for your peace when you can't "be there" and for His guidance , intervention, and direction to always have you home when you should be. We can trust Him for that! And mostly for your peace as you go thru your days. I am so thankful for the wonderful young people that you have become, and the source of strength that you are for your Mom and Dad. I pray for your peace of mind and your ability to concentrate and do what you need to do at school as you watch and wait with your precious family.
Caleb, Abby, and Anna- - - -Your are there, on the front line, loving your sister everyday and helping her to 'be normal' as she goes thru the hard stuff.............and being the 'family' she lives everyday with! I pray always for your joy and happiness as you live your days 'like usual' and your ability to adapt when things get messed up and out of whack because of something that has to be done. And for the peace and comfort that you need when you get afraid or scared by what you see or hear.........Always remember Who is in charge! And give your Mom and Dad LOTS of hugs and kisses!
I love you all..............always have, always will. I'm always only a phone call away if there is ANYthing left to do but pray!...........jeanette
Denise,
Your old childhood friends are all praying for Amanda and the whole family. Your faith is inspiring. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. The website is a great way to keep updated. Hug your babies for me. Stay Strong Amanda.
Your OLD Friend, Jody (murphy) Stewart
amanda,
your such an awesome girl, your always singing or laughing or smiling and well to be honest i wish i could be mor elike you, you are so courageous and God is going to carry you through this, find rest in him amanda, man your so great and i praise god that he is healing you as we speak, dont get discouraged, your my role model!
*carrol
Hey McDaniel family! I really appreciate that you guys are keeping everyone updated so well on this site! It's nice to know what's going on. I'm so glad the surgery went well yesterday! i'm praying for you and love you all so much!
-Lydia
amanda!! wat would i do w/o u!!!!!! ahh!! lol well just wanted to say hey, and well i love u so so so much!! =] i can't wait to see u!! hugs x's 100000 ~deb
Hey Amanda
I'm so happy to hear the procedure went well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and thinking about you alot. You're such an amazing girl and I really admire your fun and caring personality. God bless you.
Rachel Kohl
Dear Larry, Denise, Amanda and family,
We just want to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We were shocked and saddened to learn of the cancer in Amanda. Your journaling of Amanda's process is and encouragement and a true testament of your faith. God will give you the strength to endure the road that lies ahead for all of you. Never lose faith. There are lots of us out here praying for you and feel this was caught early and all will be just fine and God's glory will shine even brighter. I would encourage you to make a scrapbook of this journey. Record everything...the highs and the lows. It will be a written record of the amazing blessings God will bless you with. Your faith is going to strenthen all that read this blogspot. We love you dearly!!
The Lutz family
hey girl! i miss you and i want you to know that i think you are amazing and i will always be praying for you! You are sooo brave and i know that you will get through this! I love YOu!
audrey
Post a Comment