Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I just left the hospital ... they are making the final preparations to begin chemo later today. It may be mid-afternoon before the actual chemo is begun. That means if everything goes as anticipated, she would be in the hospital at least until late Friday afternoon, but more likely until sometime Saturday before noon.

When I left we did not yet have a specific room assignment, but were told it would be on the adolescent wing of the 6th floor of the University Hospital, where they do this kind of thing. Denise will be with her the rest of the day, and I'll return there sometime this evening and spend the night.

Regarding possible visitors, Denise's cell phone is 819-6702 and mine is 819-6701. Give us a chance to see how Amanda deals with everything, but you all know that Amanda absolutely LOVES and TREASURES her friendships, and so would like to see some familiar faces when practical.

God bless you all.

4 comments:

Nancy Shank said...

Amanda - you can be counting on lots and lots of prayers for you coming from Nebraska! We pray that your first series is comfortable and that you are able to find peace during this time of many changes, new faces, and scheduling challenges.
Bryan, Nancy, Cole Shank

Mary said...

We are so grateful for this site to keep updated with Amanda and the family and the journey you are taking. Thank you for it.

Mary and Bill

Anonymous said...

hey zmandas its ruthie
i hope you are feeling ok! i want to come see you tomorrow morning! i have an appt over there anyway :)lol
i love you and keep the shawl with you. when you wrap it around you think of how many people love you
~ruthie

Anonymous said...

Dear McDaniel Family-
I am a friend of Haley's at SBU, so I have not met the rest of you. I wanted you all to know that I am praying for you. Amanda, you are a brave and beautiful young woman, and I pray that God will provide you comfort and you will find His peace in the midst of this time. I cannot begin to understand the many challenges you are faced with, but I am grateful that God hears my prayers for you. Haley, if you read this, I want you to know that I am blessed by your friendship and the strength that you possess. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May God bless you all.