It is late Tuesday evening - about 11:40 p.m. - and this is my first opportunity to dash off a quick note about Amanda's day. I have just come down from checking each of my children again and I am thankful to say that everyone is peacefully sleeping. With great joy I can now tell you that Amanda was once again able to attend a full day of school & have fun doing it! Except for the usual load of 9th grade homework (gotta love it!), Amanda is very happy to be back in her classes at CFS and among her dear friends there.
We were all excited about attending Caleb's soccer game this afternoon and Amanda was happy to be there cheering when, early in the game, Caleb made a great block right in front of the goal and then later when his team went on to win the game (Yeah Knights!). We came back home to pizza, family and some much treasured silliness here.
Amanda and I spent some wonderful time quietly talking together after I got her tucked in for the night. Her spirit, her attitude and her heart continue to move me to tears. I am so very proud of her and the way she has handled this illness so far.
We continue to wait to meet with her Columbia Doctors regarding her upcoming treatment and the schedule that we will follow. They are using this time to review all of her x-rays, lab work and scans and when that is completed, they will use that information to form her treatment plan. We will know the outcome later this week.
Tonight's prayer requests: 1) Peace, comfort and complete healing for my precious daughter,
2) Wisdom for her Dr's as they determine the best plan for fighting and beating the cancer she carries and 3) God's richest blessings to each of our dear family and friends who have already covered us and showered down on Amanda and our family more kind words, prayers, blessings and gifts above and beyond anything that we could have ever imagined. *We will never be able to adequately thank you enough.
Thankful to be Amanda's mom and for each of you who is showing such love and care to our family at this time,
Denise
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
evening! i talked to everyone... a couple times today :) but it feels good to be able to call home. mandas - im glad you had a good day... good luck on that homework though! we could make a club... i had SOOO much homework tonight. oh, and encourage abby to NOT do interpretive dancing in the kitchen. love you all
Wow, what a great site! We are glad to hear that Amanda is back in the swing of things. Sorry about the homework Amanda. I think someone should do it for you. Find the smartest person in your family and have them do it for you...Just kidding! Hugs to everyone. We will check the web blog everyday. You all are in our thoughts and prayers as we continue down this road!!! Thank you for a great way of communicating progress!! Great idea Larry! Lots of Love.
Hey Amanda! I just checked out this site and think it is a WONDERFUL way to keep everyone informed:) You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I'm so proud of you for your terrific attitude...you will get through this! Hopefully I'll see you soon! Until then, good luck on the homework!
Jessica
Post a Comment