Thursday, July 16, 2009

Surgery on Monday

We have some more pre-op appointments tomorrow.

Amanda will have surgery on Monday on her right lung to remove the cluster of nodules that have appeared there. They will end up removing about half of the lower third of her right lung.

There may or may not be a nodule on the left lung ... so they will not do surgery on it this time, but will be watching it very closely in the coming weeks and next couple of months.

After this surgery, there will be more chemo (she will lose her hair again). Amanda will hopefully be able to return home by the end of July ... maybe a couple days sooner.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Please know that everyone at Coyote Hill is thinking of you all and has you in their prayers.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Our hearts ache for what ALL of you are going through with this latest news, however, our prayers continue and our faith remains strong because, when I think of Amanda, the words from a song come to mind.....ALL IS WELL and I truly believe it will be. Love and Prayers, Wayne and Faye

Unknown said...

Hi McDaniels! I just read where you were in town. If it works out we would love to come visit you or meet you sometime. Lily would love to meet all of you as well. I know on Saturday we are going to Reliant Park World Series of Dog Shows if you would like to join us. (I know Amanda loves dogs and Nelson is still "swimming" thanks to his swim coach.) I'm not sure what I did with your cell phone numbers so I will try to find them. Hope to see you and hope your Friday was good.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

God bless and watch over you, Amanda. I am asking God to guide the surgeons' hands, for your recovery and for strength for your parents. I am asking for peace and comfort for you and your entire family. You have been the epitome of strength and spiritual commitment and I am sure you will be granted better days ahead. Love to you and your family -- from someone who became acquainted with your family from the blogs and who grew to care so much for you.

Mary Dykhuizen said...

We all are praying for a successful surgery. Praying for you all and waiting to hear what time it is going to be.
Love to you all. Our church is already praying.
Love, Dad and mary

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck tomorrow! Don't be scared.

Stephanie Koske

Anonymous said...

McDaniel family,
We are praying for you all. Amanda- you are amazing! So many people are praying for you. Your faith is touching so many lives.
We will be praying for you tomorrow and over the next few days that the doctors have skillful hands and that you recover quickly.
God Bless You,
The Stroud's

Anonymous said...

I've been watching the blog almost daily and then missed the last ones until today. We can not imagine what you are all going through.....Just know you have been and will continue to be in our prayers.
Elaine and Lloyd