Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Morning

I apologize for the delay in getting news out to you...we truly covet your thoughts and prayers regarding Amanda at this time.

There has been an interference getting internet signal here on the floor and I haven't haven't been able to get onto the blog.

Yesterday was a difficult day, made wonderful only by two things...1) the arrival of Abigail and Caleb(siblings can be some great medicine), and 2) physical therapy finally allowed her to have a walker/wheelchair so that she could get up and out of the room for short periods of time.

We continue to battle the fever. The spikes continue to hit 103.5. Cultures still come back negative; however, the bottom portion of Amanda's lung still has not re-inflated. The risk of pneumonia is getting higher and higher.

Between fevers Amanda does well, she is developing her crossword puzzle skills (we sure could use your help Grandma Audrey!), and she is comfortable.

Amanda was happy to have Abby spend the night with her although their night was disrupted by a fever again. Caleb and I returned early this morning just as a bout of nausea was hitting. All is quiet again but we are watching.

The doctor will be in at some point this morning and hopefully there will be some good news for me to share. I would love that.

The four of us here on the 9th floor,

Us

3 comments:

LA Kohl said...

Oh Denise - I got the impression yesterday after Lydia talked to her that she was doing better; I hate to hear that she's still struggling. I know you know, but will say it anyway: we keep praying and praying...
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope this day is the "better day" we are praying for. Glad she has family around her to brighten her day. Thinking of you all and waiting for that better day ahead.
Love,
Jodie

Anonymous said...

Denise and loved ones,

Thank you for updating today...

"May the peace of God my Father, Rule my life in everything, That I may be calm to comfort Sick and suffering....."

~~ from the old hymn

Love you so...and so does He...underneath are the EVERLASTING ARMS....

~~~Sue Gradwell, Mt. Vernon