Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Scan Results

It has been a long day ... first appointment was at 7:45 this morning, and we are just now getting back to our hotel, being done for the day.

As I'm sitting here writing this, I asked Amanda how she would characterise the scan results for today, and she said ... "Good. We were 2 out of 3." What she means by that is, there was no cancerous growth in the pelvic area ... there seems to be none in the left lung ... but there is a cluster of nodules in the right lung, for which she will have surgery again within a week or so. And because of some other complications, the experimental drug Denise has previously mentioned is now on hold until possibly later this fall.

We are told we will have an appointment with the lung surgeon tomorrow, and hopefully will learn at that time when the next lung surgery on the right lung will be.

We'll stay in touch.
larry

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you constantly. I am glad 2 out of 3. But 3 for 3 is what we all know we want! MANY MANY HEARTS are with you all through this. Feel the arms of love around you, and may the lung surgery go VERY well!

Andy

Karen Hurt said...

praying for you and thinking of you. Miss you. Karen Hurt

Anonymous said...

I am praying and thinking about you both.

Russ Duker

Suzanne said...

We are thinking of you. You are in our prayers and will continue to be.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will certainly be lifting up Amanda and all of your family in prayer. We love you-

Charlotte Schauwecker

Michael Perkins MSW, LCSW said...

Larry I am following events online. I never forget about you and yours.

Mike

Anonymous said...

I am a sarcoma survivor and found your blog thru Andy U. You and your family are in my prayers not just for stregnth for the upcoming surgery, but for a miracle drug and cure.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

We love you and are praying for you all!
Annette

Mary Dykhuizen said...

We continue to wait and pray for the results of your appnt. with the surgeon.
Love, Dad and Mary

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for the complications of the car break-in and that you did not get a completely clear of cancer report. We appreciate the updates so that we may pray even more fervently and with understanding. You are all greatly loved and our hearts are with you.

Scott Williams