It is Thursday evening and I just got Amanda tucked in for the night. It has been a long day and we are both exhausted.
Reports this morning started us out with difficult news. A new x-ray showed that an air pocket had formed in Amanda's lung and so her chest tube had to be re-connected to the suction machine instead of removed. Also, her fever did not stabilize overnight and continues to spike and drop and so two types of IV antibiotics were begun to fight any infection that may be causing the temperature fluctuation. For Amanda this is very confining and frustrating as she was hoping to be free from the IV pole today and even possibly ready for release tomorrow, although clearly that is no longer a possibility.
Our nights are short because of the fever and filled with many disruptions but we trust our rest is covered in prayer. With that confidence, Amanda, my thermometer and I will be ready to step into tomorrow.
Still on the 9th floor,
me 'n manda joy
Thursday, July 23, 2009
His mercies are new and renewed our strength for another long day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We will continue to cover you both in prayer. I am so sad reading about all Amanda is going through and knowing how difficult it is for you, Denise, to see your precious daughter have to endure so much. He is there with you and Amanda and He loves you - this I know.
Love,
Charlotte
Denise,
You must know that Dad and I are uplifting you and Amanda in prayer.
We know that he is in control in this situation.
Love to you all,
Dad and Mary
Dearest Denise,
I am covering you in prayer and thought...I know ONLY God's strength is getting you through each day...you are all held in the palm of His hand...what a safe and wonderful place to be...
Love you, Sue Gradwell
Denise, Amanda, and Larry I am thinking of you and you are all in my prayers.
mike
Post a Comment