Tuesday morning found Amanda and I down at the CBCU (Children's Blood & Cancer Unit) for her weekly lab tests. As expected, her counts were low. This also happened after our first round with the new drug mixture...it has a depleting effect that goes on into the two weeks following its infusion.
Thankfully, her levels were strong enough that she did not require any type of transfusion or restrictions. Amanda did show that she was carrying a slight temperature. Because it was low, it did not require us to take any additional precautions at this time; however, after purchasing a new digital ear thermometer (mom - the one you gave me when Larry and I married has just finally died) I have been keeping a very close watch on her and her temperature and will make certain that it does not rise to an unsafe level.
She continues to assure me that she is feeling well and "is fine". Wow. I don't think I have been able to honestly say those words since my phone call in October...
Earlier this morning while she was still sleeping, I was sitting at the side of her bed. While quietly praying for her and checking to see if she felt warm, I noticed a new "note" that she had written and had taped to the wall next to where her pillow lies. It asked this, "Have you glorified God in everything you did today?"
Of all the questions, all the things I have asked in these last few months...all the answers I am still begging, still pleading for...I don't know if I have asked myself that question. For all the questions that Amanda could have, has the right to ask...she goes to sleep and awakens to this one, "Have you glorified God in everything you did today?"
Perhaps she is the very reason why the Bible tells us that a child will lead them. Lead on. We will follow...we will try.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a wonderful question to ask ourselves every day!
Thank you Amanda. You are an inspiration.
Love,
Nancy
Manda, I love you soo much. I find it very inspiring that out of all the questions you could be asking yourself(I'll bet there's a lot) you ask if you've glorified God In everything you did that day. You really are amazing. ;-)
~Anne Marie~
You are so right..that is a wonderful question that we should all ask ourselves. you are truly an inspiration to me!!!
Love & prayers,
Chas
Amanda,
What an inspiration. I am putting that question where I can see it as well. I think you are an amazing warrior in the Kingdom!
As I began reading your mothers entry I was trying to think of what the question might be, I sure didn't think of that one.
Lead on!
Annette D.
Amanda, as I sit here again with tears in my eyes, let me answer that question for you. You have indeed glorified Him in every way. You have brought more glory through your suffering and your response than the average person brings in a lifetime. I have so much to learn from you. Lead on. We are all watching.
Russ Duker
Post a Comment