Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tuesday's Labs

Just a quick note to let you all know that Amanda's lab work all came back "excellent" on Tuesday. We were so thankful. The drugs that she received in her last infusion will continue to deplete white counts in her system throughout the upcoming week and so we will need to watch for signs of those lowering levels.

But for today...I sat in my car, with tears in my eyes and thanked God for the privilege of watching my beautiful twins walk into school together this morning. Caleb, ever the gentleman to his sister, stepping ahead to hold the door open for Amanda who entered with a big smile on her face and saying "Good morning" to two of her classmates.

What a privilege. What a picture. Oh for a thousand more mornings such as this...

mom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Larry & Denise,

I have been following your blogs with prayers and anticipation since early January. I am so thrilled to read how your little warrior is doing. I have not made comment, but today just did me in. As I read the account of Mom watching Amanda and Caleb heading in to the school, I was so delighted.

For many years I have ended my letters with an admonition to myself and my friends to "Cherish the day" This one was highly cherishable!

CHeRISh The day,
Kevin Blew
Shiloh Christian Children's Ranch

Anonymous said...

I am happy for your experience, Denise. I was not surprised at your description of Caleb being the protective gentleman for Amanda. Previous pictures and text entries have revealed his protective, loving nature for his twin.

It's a pleasure to come to this site and continue to hear good news regarding Amanda's response to her treatment.

May God continue to bless Amanda and your entire family.

Anonymous said...

Denise,
As I sit here crying I want you to know that my response to your thankful prayer was "AMEN!"
Annette

Anonymous said...

Denise,
As I sit here crying I want you to know that my response to your thankful prayer was (and is) "AMEN!"
Annette

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again for keeping us posted. I am thankful too. I pray Amanda will continue physically strong and that the chemo will do what it is supposed to do. Please know we pray for you and Larry.... old friends
Elaine and Lloyd

Rachel said...

It's been so good to see Amanda at school these past few days. I see her and my immediate reaction is a smile!
Mr. Richens told us today in practice that Amanda was planning on coming with us to games. We all had to fight back the tears that sprang to our eyes at the mention of her name, and then we cheered b/c she will be able to share the experiences that only occur while being on the CFS girl's soccer team!!
Amanda~ we love you, and are behind you always. You teach me everyday the meaning of patience, and of love, and of commitment and an enduring smile. I can only hope to be half as gracious as you are everyday.
With love,
Rachel