We are happy to let you know that Amanda's hydration counts came back fine and we were able to bring her home on Sunday afternoon. After taking down lots of red, pink & white balloons and streamers (!), Amanda and I said our prayer of thankfulness for each of the Doctors and nurses who had cared for her and God's blessings and presence in the room for the next child and family who would stay there. With that, we headed home.
Thank you again to each of you who keep our time there in your prayers. Amanda will have a two week break now before we begin the next Mx treatments. She will have lab work drawn each Tuesday in order to monitor how her body is recovering from this last round of chemo infusions, but other than that her time is our own. We are so looking forward to having these days together as a family.
Gotta end...we are heading upstairs to make big bowls of ice cream with the works!
She's home! YEAH!
A very happy mom
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY!!!! I am glad that Amanda is finally home with her family. Have a great weekend!!!
Love & prayers,
Chasity
Hey Amanda!
I'm glad you got to come home, and now you don't have to go back for a couple of weeks!:-) Did you have fun taking down all the balloons and streamers?lol Can't wait 2 see you at school!
Anne Marie
I'm so glad you're home, Amanda. I hope it wasn't too much trouble taking down all of the streamers. You should have seen the looks we got on Wed. carrying 20 balloons through the lobby!!
Melanie
Hi Amanda,
Grandpa and I are so glad that you are home and doing well. It has been a long time since we have written something. So many people from our church ask about you and your treatment and we are so proud to tell them about your walk with the Lord and how he is protecting you.
We love you and your whole family.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Dykhuizen
Post a Comment