Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Tuesday's tests

What a day.

Amanda and I headed to the hospital this morning, ready for a long day of tests and scans. We had prayed - and we know that many of you had also prayed on her behalf - that this day would go well for her.

From the time we arrived, every step we took felt as though it had been covered in grace. A kind woman greeted us and preformed Amanda's first scan which in the past had been uncomfortable with a male attendant. Following that, each of the next tests ran on time and we stayed on schedule so well that we were actually able to come home and have lunch with her sisters, Haley, Anna & Abby.

She and I returned to the hospital for her MRI which was scheduled to take 2 hours. This was one of my greatest concerns. When Amanda had her first MRI it was so difficult and painful for her to lie on the table that she had to be sedated to even get through a short scan. The experience was incredibly difficult for her and by the time they were able to get even a short scan completed, she, I and one of the nurses were all in tears.

In preparation for her comfort, they accessed her port so that if she needed any pain meds they would be able to get them to her right away. But not today. Not only was she able to lie on the bed for approximately one & a half hours, she was so comfortable that she actually took a little nap. Following the scan she was examined by her Doctor who could only shake her head in amazement that there was no ache, no pain at all after that long test.

We do not yet know the results of the tests or scans; we have been told that we should learn the findings by the end of the week. I fear these next few days will seem quite long as we try to remain calm (and patient) while we wait to hear what results today's scans will show. But this we do know. Again today our little girl and her day were covered in grace and comfort. And although we do not yet know the results, we know the One who does.

What a day.

Denise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
I am happy to hear that you went through the testing well. No pain is great. Being able to rest makes things better too. I am so proud of you. You have great spirits and are able to get through the tests that you have to deal with on a daily basis. I know that the test results are going to come back fine. Waiting for them is the worst thing, but the wait will be with it. I hope that you have a great day and get lots of rest!
Love & prayers,
Chasity