Tuesday, January 16, 2007



In the midst of the challenges that have come with Amanda's recent diagnosis, I am continually grateful for the joy and the laughter that we, as the McDaniel family, share together in our home.


This morning, as Amanda and I were in for her weekly lab work, our nurse was talking about the fun her children had sliding on the icy ground Sunday. Amanda and I just looked and each other, grinning. We were caught, it was clear to our nurse that we had also tried out the ice. She said she wouldn't tell, I reassured her that we were, ahhh, "careful"... and Amanda just laughed.

"Careful?" ah, yeah. "Fun, hysterical laughter, and the greatest memories?"...ABSOLUTELY!

As everyone knows who lives in this part of the state, one can hardly stand up in places where there is even the slightest slope. Which makes me wonder what's going to become of the situation pictured of Amanda about to push two of her sisters off the back porch steps!!???!! That ride is probably going to be fast and furious. :-)

But of course, would this bunch of girls have it any other way? :-)





























And just to let you all know...once again this week Amanda's lab results were very good and no transfusion will be needed. Which just goes to show that when we all pull together, great things can happen! (Even finding a way to get me up from the bottom of the very slick yard!)




















I love this family!!!

A mom of six fun kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
I am so glad to see that you all had a great time playing in the snow. It is great to see you all smiling and just having a great time together. You all are truly a blessing from God.
Love & prayers,
Chas

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tucker was out to play too and looked like he enjoyed the outing! Great pictures! Caleb where is your coat? (lol) Amanda as always your smile brings such joy to our lives! Lots of Love!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing about Caleb and a coat!
Amanda, Looks like fun.
Denise, I fell hard here at work and can't imagine trying to get up a hill!
Keep having a great time.
We love you all!
Annette D.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed the pictures. I have been thinking about Amanda every day. Thank you so much for sharing the "family fun". You are all amazing and I love you. Amanda, we are going to have school tomorrow even if Columbia Public cancels. Hope to see you then!
Love,

Mrs. Schuwecker

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Family,
We pray daily for God's healing.
Anna keeps me up to date and never misses a daily hug that always lifts my spirits at school.
Sorry we missed the New Year Celebration. We were wiped out from being on the road most of the holiday season.
Amanda, you are a shining example of faith and strength to all of us. I especially loved the notes about dancing in the face of adversity and the calm you feel in knowing that God holds the "Road Map."
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers,
AKohl and family