Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just checked in ... they are having a good day.

As you know by now, Denise stays the days with Amanda and I stay the nights. That seems a little odd to me since Denise is actually a "night" person, and I generally get pretty quiet at night ... but then, maybe that's why it works so well. Denise helps to fill Amanda's days with joy and activity, and I fill the nights with .... well ... quiet. :-)

Last night as things were winding down ... the nurses were making their 10:00 PM rounds ... Amanda and I were discussing if she thought about cancer much. She said that she didn't ... then kind of smiled, and said, "God's the one with the big road map."

Amanda is simply amazing to me, and to many of you as well, I know. Personally, I'm wrestling with God right now over whether there actually is a road map, and if so, who has it, and are they sure they don't have it turned upside down right now, etc. ... and Amanda is smiling and declaring with a sincere heart ... "God has it, and I'm ok with that." When I grow up, I want to be like Amanda.

Denise said they are doing well today. Joshua stopped in for lunch. He and Haley, our two college students who don't really live at home, have been awesome with helping out when they can and being very regular visitors and supporters to Amanda in this season of our lives.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Amanda- consider this a hug from Becky and Neal. Your constant faith and method of handling the toughest situations remind us so much of someone we loved so dearly.
We love you.

Anonymous said...

hey missy...im sorry i couldnt come and see u today :( my mom got sick. but i want you to know that i love you and im with u in spirit and next time i come wich will hopefully be tomorrow then we will play the barbie game hehe :)
well i love you and i'll see you soon!! keep up ur strengh
luv...ruthiepooh
and oh ya...hes still mine :)

Rachel said...

You guys are so sweet. Amanda is precious. My prayers are with you always. It was good to have her at the basketball game. :) She is sooo cheerful, and even though the chearleaders normally aren't my favorite when Im trying to run clock (I always want to do the cheers with them and can't) Amanda being there made me break out and do the "woo-woo" cheer... You know the one Im talking about. :) It has to be my favorite one.

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
SO glad to hear you had a good day today. Hope we get the news that tomorrow's another good day for you :)
Love,
Steve, Nancy & Ethan

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you!

Elaine and Lloyd

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your day went well at the hospital. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Love & Prayers
~Chasity~