Thursday, January 11, 2007
A new day
Amanda is still asleep, and had a good night. The hustle and bustle is starting to pick up out in the hallways, and I know that soon her day nurse, an assortment of doctors, a social worker, and others will start parading through the door of this room ... and that is as it should be ... it's just that right now I have the blessing of sitting here in this room before all that starts to happen. It's one of those moments that you wish could just go on for at least a couple more hours ... you know it will pass too quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Larry,
Please let Amanda know that we are thinking and praying for her today. God please give the McDaniel family a good day today!
Lots of Love,
Uncle Dan, Aunt Keya and Kelsey
Amanda, I have been wanting to write but I didn’t know what to say. So I will just tell you how I feel. When I first heard about the severity of your cancer, I cried. I laid awake most of the night unable to sleep. All night tears leaked out the side of my eyes as I thought about you and your family. I thought about how unfair it must seem and the difficulties you would go though. I thought about how I would feel if it were Nathaniel or me in your position. Since then, I have prayed and prayed asking God to heal you and for the treatments to work. Amanda, you are one of the most beautiful persons I know. You have a special Godly spirit covering you that spills out though your smile. It is infectious. Your kind, joyous and loving attitude touches all those who know you and are watching you. I admire the strength you display. It is as though you are one of God’s special Butterflies.
Russ Duker
hey missy...i love you
~ruthie
Post a Comment