Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tuesday lab results

It's Tuesday and Amanda and I went over to the hospital today for her weekly lab tests. I am very happy to report that her lab results were very good. We knew that it was very possible that her system would test low. After three intensive treatments in the last three weeks, the staff had prepared us that she would very likely need a transfusion to boost her immune system. They actually even drew a vial of the blood that they would use to match in preparation for it. But I believe that God honors the prayers of her family and friends and again He has helped to protect Amanda from the damaging side effects of chemo. Her results today came back well within the safe range and even towards the high end of that range.

Amanda's mom who feels... so grateful, so thankful, so blessed,

denise

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very good news. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Keep on keeping on! Elaine and Lloyd

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
That is great news. I am so happy to hear that things are going well. I hope that you have a great rest of the week and remember that you are in my prayers daily:)
~chas~

Mary said...

Grandpa and I are very happy to hear the good news of the lab results. We hope that you continue to feel well.
Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
That's great!! You are such a strong and brave girl. We are all very pround of you. Hang in there. We hope to see you at Christmas! Take care and we love you.
Nike and Erin

Uncle Dan said...

Amanda,

Glad to hear the tests went well. Me and Keya have been thinking of you. Hopefully we will get up to see you soon, Keya has been fighting a stomach virus and she really don't want to share it with you. Hang in there kido.

Uncle Dan

Anonymous said...

amanda... i think ur my hero
you are soo amazing, i couldn't believe how amazing u were today at camp
luv you sooooo much... keep eating ur peanut butter sandwiches lol
luv ya...ruthie

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo,
I'm finally writin'! It was fantastic seein ya at Thanksgiving! I love the way you're kicking this chemo treatment! You are loved by, and prayed for by so many that it should make your heart sing! Keep up the good work, draw me a picture sometime, and we'll see ya at Christmas!!! I love ya sunshine, keep that beautiful smile goin! Jenny and the kids say "hey!" We are all prayin for ya, and your whole family.
Uncle Doo