Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snow Party

Yesterday some in our home decided to clear some snow, and much to our delight. Grandma Audrey's car was totally snowed in. She has been here from Iowa, helping to manage the house and kids schedules while Amanda is in the hospital. Notice the attire of the three boys ... Robert, Than, and Caleb. .... yeah, I don't get it either. :-)




It was such a blessing that Amanda felt like getting out there for a little bit and adding her usual joy to the process. :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I'm thankful for all the smiles on each of the faces! Amanda, I'm most thankful that you were feeling well enough to take part in the "Snow Party"! Caleb, pants were made for a reason...you might want to try them. (Ha Ha) I'm so glad you all had a day that was full on fun and laughter. May God bless you again today with a day that offers so much hope.

Mary said...

Oh am I glad you guys got that snow and not us. Still have frozen green grass. Amanda looks really good and that is encouraging. Love the stocking hat. I had to wear them alot also 3 years ago. Surprising how cold the head gets without hair. But Amanda, you still look beautiful to us.
Love, Grandpa and Grandma Dykhuizen

Anonymous said...

We love you, Amanda! You look so gorgeous out there in the snow. Speaking of snow, Lydia threw a frozen chunk of it at my forehead today after church and I started bleeding profusely! So, when we see you next, which we hope will be REALLY soon, don't be surprised if I look like a mangled cat. Oh and lydia sends her love. Oh, and she says I wasn't bleeding profusely, but she's wrong. I'm nearly dead now. Goodbye my love! (lydia says goodbye too)

Anonymous said...

so happy to see that amanda felt well enough to enjoy all of that fabulous snow you all received! :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
I am so glad that you are home from the hospital and feeling up to spirit to get out and 'play in the snow'..lol. The lord does answer prayers. I hope that you have a great week and remember that you are in my prayers.
~chas~

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Stephanie and I are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas, hopefully. Everyone misses you and would really like to see you. :-) Grandma has been thinking of you and we know she would LOVE to hear from you to see how you are feeling. If you get a chance you should give her a call when you feel up to it, it would mean a lot to her. We're thinking of you and hope you're doing well. See you at Christmas!

Ryan and Steph

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda, I'm glad that you could get out and play in the snow!! I had so much fun this weekend going sledding and throwing snowballs. Did you havea snow ball fight? You look so happy, and i'm glad you do. Use thay blanket that Annemarie, Annie, Ruthie and I made for you to stay warm. We miss you sooo much at school. Don't come back to school yet b/c I still need to go shopping for a hat (just joking)! It would be awsome if you could recover real quickly and just stop by for lunch at the school with us. Well talk to you later A-Man-Da!!!!

Maddie ; ]

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone!I like the pictures. We don't have any snow yet I miss it. Who needs pants when you can be a real man and wear shorts. Have fun in the snow Amanda.
still praying,
Katie

Represent Iowa Grandma Audrey!

Anonymous said...

Amanda... you are tooo cute :)
im soo happy ur home and i cant wait to see you
i love you soooo much and i cant wait till we can sled down the back porch (which is our running tradition... i mean this would be the third year!!!)
ttyl luv ya
~ruthie