Monday, December 25, 2006

More Precious Than Gold

The theme of our Christmas letter this year was gold. Denise wrote it, and somehow managed to find the time to send a bunch of them out. If you did not happen to get one but would like to see it, it is posted here. Denise did a good job of incorporating not only the color, but also the preciousness of gold into the events of this last year.

This morning, I was the first one up ... the house was quiet and peaceful ... and I remembered that all of our children are once again here in the house (Joshua and Haley are in from college) ... I walked upstairs to a very pleasant surprise.

As I topped the stairs and came around the corner into the dining room, the sun was shining in on a new golden table cloth that Denise had apparently put there after I went to bed last night. I was immediately reminded once again of the preciousness of my wife and children, and how priceless it is (much more than gold), that we are together, and that we all really love each other. All those chairs you see around that table will today be filled with happy children, two very blessed parents, and smiling faces on all. Thanks, Denise, for thinking of the little things.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

McDaniel Family~
Our family really enjoyed reading the letter that you sent out. I just couldnt believe that after all has been going on, you still found some time to write a letter and send it out to everyone. I hope that you all have a great Christmas together as a family! You are all in our prayers!
Love,
~Chas & family!

Mary said...

Dear all McDaniels,
Dad and I want to wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year.
We hope you had a good day. We were at Mike and Dori's all day and just got home. We had a wonderful day and appreciated it.
Love to you all,
Mary and Dad