Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Today starts another round

Amanda and Denise are already in a room at the University Hospital. By now you know the routine ... if the level of this particular chemo is below .1, she gets to come home, and we always hope that will be by Friday afternoon or early evening. It has always worked out that way so far.

Then, one week from today Amanda goes back to the hospital again for a grueling day of tests, x-ray's, scans, etc. The purpose of these tests are to give as much information as possible to the local oncologists and the surgeon at Menora Medical Center regarding the effectiveness so far of all the chemo treatments. Additionally, Amanda will then have another surgery, probably within a week or so of the tests ... or in other words, probably within two weeks of today.

We will keep you updated with information as we get it ourselves. Your prayers and support and incredible kindnesses have been exceedingly wonderful ... in fact, in a sense, supernatural.

thanks,
larry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers! I hope that everything works out and Amands is able to come home soon and be back with her family!
Love & prayers,
Chasity

Mary said...

Dear Larry,
Thank you for the update on Amanda. I guess I thought she would have a week off between the last chemo session. I just wrote a thank you note to Anna and will mail it out in tomorrow's mail.
I will give this information to our church and continue to pray for all of you.
Love, Mary and Bill

Anonymous said...

hey miss amanda...i hope you had a great christmas :) call me!!!
i love you tonnnzzz
~ruthiepooh