Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Amanda's Week in Review

It is Tuesday and it has been a week since we updated you on Amanda's progress. We are happy to say that it has been a good week overall and for that we are so grateful.

After getting good reports back last Tuesday, Amanda had two difficult nights of stomach pains and nausea which were attributed to a delayed chemo reaction. After calls to her staff team, we adjusted some medications and by Thursday she was again feeling better and ready to attend full days of school. She loves being back in school with her classmates and her brother, Caleb.

On Friday afternoon and all day Saturday Amanda was able to attend a cheer clinic with her squad. Although she was restricted in her jumping and stunting (she really wanted to do a cartwheel but obeyed me when I nixed that idea....) she was happy to be there and cheering with them again.

Monday found us back in school and today, Tuesday, we again returned to the University for our weekly lab tests. Once again God has honored the prayers prayed on Amanda's behalf and her results were again good with no transfusion needed. We were thrilled. Amanda was able to finish the rest of her school day and then give lots of opinion and input as the McDaniel family hiked over hills and through fields to chose this year's Christmas tree.

As I watched her, Caleb, Abby and Anna gathered around the tree hanging their ornaments as well as those of Joshua and Haley on the tree, I silently thanked God for these precious moments and memories that we are privileged to share together as a family. This season takes on a whole new meaning when I realize that without Christmas and the birth of a very special baby, we of all people would feel the most hopeless at this time.

May His birth and this season bring peace to each of your homes as well,

Denise

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

oops i think i messed my last comment up! what i was trying to say was.... i cant wait to be home with you all! i love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better and able to be back at school with your friends and your brother. I am also glad to hear that you got to hang up your christmas decorations on the tree. That is a great thing to do with the family. I am happy to hear that you are going to be able to attend the cheerleading activities that are taking place this weekend..but I am glad that you are listening to your mom about the jumps and all that good stuff. Well I hope that you all have a great rest of the week and a great weekend!
~chas~

Anonymous said...

Amanda I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. i love having you back at school!

Anonymous said...

i luv u manda....i get to see u soon!!!! im happy =] =] in exactly 2 days....<<33 u soo much ~deb