Thursday, December 21, 2006

Our first count....IT'S AWESOME!

It is Wednesday evening and Amanda has finished her second day at Univ. Hospital. Amanda and I checked her in yesterday, Tuesday, to have a Methatrexate infusion. As before it is a four (4) hour drip and then we stay until Amanda's body has cleared the chemical to less than .1 trace in her system.

Amanda has felt well and had almost no side effects so far from this treatment. She spent a fun afternoon playing Monopoly with her brothers Joshua and Caleb and her sister, Abby and I. Later we switched to Apples to Apples and enjoyed the input, assistance, laughter (and peeled oranges!) provided by her Aunt Becky and Uncle Neal.

Her 24 hour count came back to us around 8:00 this evening. We celebrated the number 2.81 ! It is the lowest 24 hour count that Amanda has ever had. This is especially significant considering that 24 hours ago her count was 1412.21.

We are so thankful for another good day. Amanda is with us, she felt well, we created and shared an afternoon of fun, family memories and her body is dealing will with the chemo treatment that she received.

Prayers help to make all this possible. Thank you to each of you who stand with us,

a tired, HAPPY, mom :-)

4 comments:

LA Kohl said...

Congrats - that's terrific. We've certainly been praying that she'll be home for Christmas, and even a few days before...and it's looking like she's going to pull it off; PTL!
Love 'ya guys...Lori

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
That is so awsome that this treatment is going well. I am glad that you are feeling fine. I am so happy that you are going to be home for Christmas. Its going to be great for your whole family to be together on this wonderful holiday. You are all in my prayers and God is going to continue to bless you.
Love and Prayers,
~Chasity~

Anonymous said...

That's awsome! I have been praying for Amanda every night that she will not be effected by the chemo to much and that she will be home for Christmas. Have a wonderful holiday and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Maddie G.

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful. I keep you all in my prayers.
Annette