Monday, November 27, 2006

Tommorrow

We have been through three rounds of chemo ... and starting tomorrow we repeat the process. Tomorrow starts a three day infusion process and we hope to be home by the weekend. After that Amanda gets about two weeks off and then will go back in for the other two back to back treatments like we just finished.

We are very proud of Amanda. She is so very brave. But as you might imagine, this is very tiring ... not only physically but emotionally too. We are very thankful for all the family, friends and support for Amanda. It really makes a difference.

7 comments:

LA Kohl said...

wow - her's is the most grueling treatnent process I've ever heard of; yet also, her's is the most upbeat, "no worries", joyful attitude I've ever seen in the midst of such treatment. I'm sure it maybe sounds repetitious...but, it's oh so true - you are in the thoughts and prayers of our family daily; and undoubtedly hundreds of other people as well, from the responses I continue to see here. May God mightily use this next dose of chemo - and may He make it as gentle as possible on Amanda's body...
Love,
lori

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Hang in there sweetheart! We believe in you and are praying for God to give you the strength to endure these procedures. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Family,
I am so proud of you Amanda for being strong through this whole thing..I know that it is not easy. You are going to make it through and I am going to be here for you every step of the way. I am praying for all of you and God is going to get you through this. If you need anything please let me know.
~chasity~

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you all through this difficult time. Amanda your doing so great, I know it has to be very hard for you, but you have so many people hoping for the best! We'll be thinking of you this week. :)

Steph and Ryan

Anonymous said...

Please tell Amanda that her friends from school will be there on Thursday night to pray. The girls are all looking forward to her two week break from treatment!

Praying Without Ceasing,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." Jesus' solemn promise in the Beatitudes. As we read that verse and compare it to Amanda and the entire McDaniel family, we only have reason to believe that all will be well.

Your lives have been devoted to a lifetime of mercy for the less fortunate. God knows that. Your faithfulness and your coming together as a family as you fight this disease is not lost on those watching.

I will pray that your weariness sees some relief.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I am happy to do anything you guys need me to.
Caleb, thanks for telling me about the food thing for today. Nathaniel didn't get home until late and I wouldn't have had the ingredients to make the wonderful "Arepas" if you hadn't told me.
Amanda, keep on keeping on!
In constant prayer,
Annette Duker