Friday, November 24, 2006

Time moved up for next labwork

Hello all;

I'm just getting in from the hospital, and Denise is there now. Amanda had a great night ... although she was awake most of it fidgeting and fiddling with stuff. She finally fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning. :-)

The doctors have agreed to move up the testing for the chemo level still in her system to 3:00 this afternoon. Since she is doing so good so far, and with yesterday's level falling all the way to .17, we are hoping that she will test below .1 by 3:00 p.m. ... a full 5 hours before they would normally do the test. If by chance her level is not below .1 at 3:00, they will then do the test again at 8:00 p.m. It will surely be below .1 then.

When we went in the hospital this time, we didn't expect to be out by today, for a few different reasons. However, all those reasons which were good ones at the time, have proven to be of no consequence. In fact, it would appear that Amanda may actually be home earlier this time than last. We will know for sure later this afternoon, but it sure looks like that will be the case.

One note of clarification: We thought the level had to be AT or below .1. I found out this morning that being AT .1 still doesn't get it ... it has to actually be BELOW .1 ... in other words, .099 or less.

Anyway, it's such a pretty day, I'm going to get the other kids out the house and into God's great outdoors.
Hope you will do the same.

larry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad amanda is doing so well!
I'm still praying for you!

-Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Amanda & family,
I am glad that Amanda is doing well and I am praying that her numbers will continue to drop. I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving. You are in my prayers everyday and if there is anything that you need I am here for you all.
~chas~