Saturday, February 21, 2009

We are out of the ICU

Just a quick post tonight to let everyone know that Amanda was cleared from the ICU this afternoon. YEAH!

We were moved to a regular room on the 9th floor - Pediatrics. We have been told that they will probably remove one of the lung draining tubes tomorrow and possibly even both of them since her lungs are healing so well.

She is comfortable, for which we are so grateful. The main discomfort comes from the fact that you must always cough after having surgery and right now, coughing is not something that feels very good for her.

I am happy to report that her smile remains in tact and we continue to be grateful for the prayers that are offered on her behalf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its awesome to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

I attend one of Mr. McDaniel's classes and have been checking in with the blog since I learned about it. I would just like to say to Amanda that you are one of the most courageous and inspiring people I have ever known, even though it be thru a blog. You give so much hope to others that no matter what, you can keep going on. You are a special lady, so blessed with a special family. You are loved by many, and in thoughts and prayers. I send you (((HUGS))) and love, and special prayers.
Tammi C

Anonymous said...

Dear McDaniels,
Amanda is such a strong girl. Every night in Joplin at our devotions we prayed for her and continue to pray for her. The squad has been so inspired by her. We wish only the best! :)

Peace and love,
The Tower Grove Christian School Cheerleaders