Saturday, February 28, 2009

Out of hospital earlier today


Earlier today Amanda was released from the hospital. We were so happy to be "free" once again. :-)

Pictured is a shot of Amanda and Denise taking a break outside the hospital room in a visiting area yesterday afternoon.

Denise does such an outstanding job of keeping all the paperwork and appointments straight, and she is a ton of fun to have around.

While in the hospital I see plenty of individuals who are battling cancer, but who are in deep depression or seem to have given up, at least to some extent. Amanda and Denise simply do NOT give up. They press on day after day ... and blessing everyone around them along the way.

Regarding our schedule, we are hoping to be able to head home by mid-day on Tuesday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is graet new. I am happy for you. I am happy you are out of the hospital earlier mean you can come home. Have a good travl home. see you a home. Love Anna

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Sounds like you hit another home-run girl! Enjoy gramma as much as you can, and then send her home too. You guys are a fantastic example to all. Glad your part of the family!
Love, Uncle Doo

ann king said...

Praise The Lord! Glad to hear your tube free and on your way back to MO. Thank you for being such a bright light in a difficult time. I'm praying the Lord blesses you all for your unwavering testimony of the grace, mercy and love of our Lord!

valerie stine said...

What a beautiful picture of mom & daughter! So glad to hear you are out of the hospital!

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog faithfully ever since the last time I was home;Amanda has such courage;but it is Denise's grace, love and steadfastness that makes me cry.You both inspire me to be better! Toni (in China)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to have you ALL safely back HOME where you belong! We are thinking of you all! Lots of love! The Shumards

Suz said...

Amanda,
So nice to check up on your blog and to see the good news of your recent return home!
I am continuing to pray for you and for the rest of the family.
Cousin Susan (to mom Cathy)