Monday, February 23, 2009

Inner Peace


From where I am sitting in this hospital room on the 9th floor of M.D. Anderson, I am able to watch Amanda peacefully sleeping, and just a few feet beyond her bed is a large window through which I am able to watch the sun peacefully rise on Houston. Just outside the room door one can hear the nurses station full of activity, and looking down on the city streets one can see the mad rush to begin another typical workday of another typical work-week. It occurred to me that we are easily drawn to the outward activities going on around us, and miss the inner peace that can be found there as well. Even the birds I can see flying all around outside the window seem too busy for me this morning ... at least at this moment. Right now, I am enjoying witnessing great peace so visible in one of God's children, and in one of his sunrises too. Side by side. ... and I guess I just wanted to tell someone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is peace -His peace, the God of peace - in the midst of the storms. Your perspective is a gift to us all as we continue to lift you all up to the One whom even the wind and the waves obey.
Have a good day.
Jim and Vicki Coy

Anonymous said...

Mr Daniels and family,
I don't know you personally but I believe you and I believe in the power of God what he can do. My intercessory prayer team will add Amanda to our prayer list. I know have seen what God can do in such a short time. The God of all comfort is taking care of Amanda and she will continue to have peace. God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Amanda and Family
My name is Deborah Barrow and my son and I are from St. Louis, Tower Grove Christian School (I am an assistant Cheerleader Coach). When we played basketball against your school we were all impressed with your love of life, cheering and just about everything about you. I didn't get a chance to come over to speak with you but you have been in my thoughts and prayers since that game. In Joplin this past weekend, we were very saddened that you were not able to come and that you were having another operation. Our Cheerleaders took time on Thursday evening for a special prayer for you, and each and everytime we had group prayer, your name was lifted to our Lord. I plan on reading everything on the site so I can learn more about you and your family. My small church Oak Hill Chapel, in St. Louis, is a church or prayer warriors. I asked the membership to continue to lift your family to GOD and told a what little I knew about you. Praise God he has brought you through this surgery and will continue to give you strength and comfort.
My God continue to watch over you and your family.
Deborah Barrow

Anonymous said...

I would suggest Amanda start using Resveratrol and OPC-3 (by Isotonix)

In the past it has really benefitted many people. In isotonix form 95% of it is absorbed and effective. In excess resveratrol has worked effectively against some forms of cancer. Some doctors may or may not agree, but I've really heard a lot of great testimonials even on youtube, you can see it was featured on reputable TV dcumentaries with Barbara Walters etc. Best Wishes and Prayers to Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Larry, once again I am lifted up by Amanda's story--thank you. So glad she was sleeping well. Sounds like God was watching over you both this morning. Our prayers continue for Amanda and all of you.
Love,
Jodie

Anonymous said...

Larry, just wanted you to know we are continuing to pray for Amanda, and all of you. Enjoyed so much your last entry-Inner Peace. will continue to lift you all up in prayer. Nothing is too hard for God!
Brenda Thornsberry

Anonymous said...

Amanda, we love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Denise and family,
Mike and I have been following your journey and want you to know you are surrounded by love. The words you write are gifts to all. You are on Holy ground and God will be with you every step of the way. You inspire all of us. Love and grace. Coach Denney and Bonnie

Michael Perkins MSW, LCSW said...

Wow. Larry that was a beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Amanda:

Get better and start walking, as I know you will. You have to be better enough that I see you at Pascale's Pals. Or at least Hyvee.

Rik said...

Your words in this post have beautiful perspective and are wonderfully written. Your peaceful attitude shines a brilliant light on our Father. They gave me a measure of peace this evening in the midst of a rushed dinner and busy evening schedule.

ann king said...

Thank you so much for keeping us posted! The cheerleaders are wearing their Pray for Amanda buttons to school and everyone is asking us if we've heard something else. Thank you so much for your continual testimony of God's strength, love and grace! Many people are praying here in KC for her! May God continue to strengthen and bless you all!