I apologize for the delay, I'm battling a terrible respiratory infection and in trying to keep my germs to myself I have spent very little time out around my computer. So far no one else (in particular we work to protect Amanda) has any sign of it, so I am very grateful.
On Tuesday of this week Amanda received the 2nd half of her chemo infusion. I am very happy to let you know that she experienced no adverse side effects. She was able to complete the end of her school year - which had been a goal of hers - attending all of her finals that were scheduled over two testing days. We have been very proud of the way that she has worked to keep her grades up (A honor role third quarter!) and to stay caught up with her classes. This would not have been possible for her to do without the wonderful support and great flexibility that her teachers from CFS have shown on her behalf. With all that has been required of Amanda in these last seven months, having their support and encouragement along the way helped to relieve any pressure that she could have felt regarding her school work. Larry and I will be eternally grateful to them for this gift.
Today, Friday, Amanda had her first lab draw since receiving her chemo infusion. Her counts were still very good. Ironically we came out of the lab appointment with Amanda's left arm in a sling. Yesterday afternoon, while preparing for her first formal High school dance (more about that coming soon) she felt her shoulder "pop". It didn't hurt much, just a little ache. However, as the night (and the dancing) continued it began to bother her more. This morning we had her Dr. check it out and, after an x-ray to confirm that there were no problems we were unaware of, it was determined that she had sprained it. A sling helps to take the weight off her shoulder for a couple of days and then she should be fine.
Good labs and (just) a sprain. Lots to be thankful for,
Denise
Friday, June 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment