We are back at our hotel room now. (Thanks to Rachel Duker for calling with the scoop on this nice hotel that gives hospital discounts.)
Tomorrow morning (Thursday) Amanda will be admitted to the hospital.
Early Friday morning some special tests/scans/etc. will be done in preparation for the I/A (Intra-Arterial) chemo infusion, which will also then be done on Friday. Because of the size of the tumor, the infusion will take 24 hours. That will take us into Saturday. Then Amanda will be held for another 24 hours of observation, and if all goes well, we will be released sometime on Sunday morning. That will then put us back home in Columbia, late Sunday night.
Amanda will probably then go to the University Hospital on Monday for additional chemo treatments for a few more days. We will have more information at that time.
Depending on how the tumor reacts to the I/A treatments, they may do it up to three times. Each of the treatments are scheduled 3-4 weeks apart, as I recall. After that, we hope to be able to have a successful surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey amanda!
that's really great news!:-) we've all been praying for you and your family a lot. sweet dreams!
Anne Marie
Denise, Larry and Amanda;
Great news! We will continue to pray for you and for this treatment. We are excited for this new hope. We love you all.
Scott and Bev
Amanda & family,
That is wonderful news. You and your family will be in my prayers. God is watching over you:)
Love & prayers,
Chas
Amanda and family,
So glad to hear that Amanda can get this treatment!! Praying fervently for you. Much love to you all!!
Laurel Ann
I must say that although I called, my mother was the one who did the leg work. :) She must also get kudos on that one!
and... It was so wonderful. Amanda was in the bus with the soccer team when she heard the news. We had just gotten done with a pretty tough game, and were on our way home. Mr. McD called my phone and I thought that something must be wrong, but as he was talking to her, Amanda got the most beautiful smile on her face and she started giggling. I knew it had to be good. She hung up the phone and giggled some more. Then she told the team that she had been accepted for the treatment, even as she looked up and gave a silent "Thank YOU". All the girls near her nearly crushed her with hugs. It was an amazing moment, one I was proud to be a part of.
Post a Comment