
When Amanda had her surgery at MD Anderson Hospital, the surgery coordinator asked their family to come back to Columbia to host a blood drive. Although the blood collected at this drive will not go directly to Amanda, it will replenish the supply that she used and will help others who are facing a medical crisis.
The Blood drive will be at Christian Fellowship Church, Monday, November 24, from 2:00pm to 7:00pm. The Community Blood Center is asking that we schedule donors to control the flow and make it easier for people coming and going. This will also help prevent a back log of people waiting to give. Email Elizabeth Ealey at eealey@christianfellowship.com or Debbie Koske at dkoske@christianfellowship.com to sign up. If you would like to participate but cannot donate blood, we'd love your help in baking cookies, serving as a hostess, or recruiting other donors.
This is a great way to show our love and support to Amanda and her family.
Donors must be at least 16 years old. If they are 17 or 18, they do not need parental permission. However, 16-year olds must have a signed permission form. You can download the Consent Form here, or they will be available at the blood drive.
All donors will receive a FREE KC Chiefs t-shirt, fresh homemade cookies, and a chance to win a prize in an awesome raffle!
4 comments:
Hey, if you have any flyers I'll be glad to put some up here at Shelter. There are a lot of people keeping Amanda in their prayers here and may like to give.
Becky Jennings
I sent the Blood Drive information to everyone I knew and got many responses back that they would give blood and that they were forwarding o all of their friends and family. Catlyn is even donating for the first time. Kalene would be there too except she is pregnant to it is not allowed. God bless,
dixie
I don't live in the Columbia area but I wonder if I may donate blood in Amanda's name in another location? My family and I stumbled upon this blog and it captured our hearts. God bless Amanda and your family.
Thank you for your kind question and your desire to participate on behalf of our daughter. Although - to our knowledge - your donation would not be applied directly to our blood drive, we would most certainly encourage anyone reading this to consider donating blood in their local area. The need for blood is at crisis level. We will be forever grateful that there was blood available when Amanda had her surgery and we support this blood drive in honor of both Amanda and those who gave before our daughter had a need.
Post a Comment