After an early stop at MD Anderson where we were able to have an appointment with Dr. Anderson and then a trip over to the prosthesis lab for some measurements, Amanda and I were able to catch a late afternoon flight out of Houston.
While with Dr. Anderson he created a treatment schedule for us that should keep us in Columbia through the end of the year. Amanda will enter the hospital early Monday morning for a chemo treatment that will require a three day stay. Following that treatment, we will have regularly scheduled lab work while they closely watch her counts. A second hospital stay and chemo treatment will take place in December, with labs routinely scheduled through the first of the new year.
Amanda's chemo schedule works with her time in Minneapolis so there should be no conflicts with her receiving her new leg. (She also reminded Dr. Anderson of Haley's wedding and he made certain that she would not be in the hospital on the 27th either.)
Being home, with our family and friends around us is always our favorite place to be. But Amanda and I were especially thrilled to be back in town to share in a very special surprise for Anna. At an all school assembly on Friday morning, Anna was honored with the highest award given to a Rock Bridge student. The "Bruin of My Life" award is an honor in which a teacher or student can submit someone who has made a life time impact on them. A counsel of student representatives and school officials then chooses from the lists submitted. Anna was the only student whose name was submitted by a teacher to be chosen this year for this award. As a surprise, Amanda and I were there - along with Abby - as her name was called and she received a standing ovation as she made her way to the front to receive a rose, and a plaque. I can not find the words to say how very proud I was of her. Watching her receive recognition for her thoughtful ways and kind heart meant more to me than I could ever say.
Six children. Six incredible young people. Six very different life pathways and yet I am so proud of how each of them walks the path that God has chosen for them. And tonight, especially of you, my dear Anna.
Way to go, Banana!
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good News!
... and congratulations, Anna! You're such a special young lady with such wonderful, thoughtful ways.
Love,
Neal and Becky
Wow! So glad to get all the latest update and to hear about Anna. We shall continue to remember you all in prayer as you finailze plans for wedding, continue with treatment and all the other things that go with everyday life.
Elaine and Lloyd
Congratulations, Anna! I am so glad we got to share popcorn together and some hugs recently at a home volleyball game! You are such a wonderful young lady and so very very sweet. Amanda, so glad you are back in Columbia! Mrs. Schauwecker
Post a Comment