Just a quick post to let everyone know that we completed our appointments early Wednesday morning and waved good-bye to Houston.
Little did we know that within hours they would be evacuating Galveston and many of the people of Houston would be heading further north for protection as well. Had we not been able to get our schedules re-arranged, we would have been in Houston until Thursday evening and would have been in the midst of the storm and the evacuation to the north.
God continues to cover us with protection and grace on the journey. We are grateful.
We are also very tired after driving through the night and arriving in the early morning hours of today...so no more blogging tonight. :-)
Denise
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome home. :o)
I loved Amanda's blog, especially the cemetery story! Denise, I knew you and I were "new best friends" for a reason...I LOVE old cemeteries, too! In fact, whenever we go to see family (living) in Iowa, I always drag my boys with me to visit the places all our "great, great's" are buried. Well one day when Bryan was about three, we were back in St. Louis (where we lived at the time, but where I had no ancestors buried.) As I was driving by a relatively new church, I noticed a very old cemetery back behind it which I'd never noticed before. I made a comment about it being there. I guess I'd drug Bryan to one too many old cemeteries, as he piped up from his car seat and asked, "Want to stop and see if we know anyone?" :-)
Shelley
Post a Comment