It is Tuesday evening and we are finished with Amanda's first day of scans. It was a long day, but Amanda handled it well.
Special bits of kindness were so apprecited as technicians worked with Amanda providing extra foam, cushions and "pep talks" along the way to help her get through the long uncomfortable tests. Her hip was very sore and the day long for her. I was able to be in with her for most of them, but truly appreciated the thoughtful way she was cared for when I was unable to be in the room with her. We were all very thankful when this day was over and we were able to get back to our room and relax.
And yet, in true Amanda form, tonite we danced. In the little kitchen of the Extended Stay, we danced while she sang along to songs on her IPod. I close my eyes and silently think I never want this dance to end...
We start very early in the morning. We must be at MD Anderson at 6:30 a.m. in order to be ready for her 6:45 prep time. The PET scan she has scheduled should take until 8:30 or so. And then we wait...
We meet with the surgeon later in the afternoon and finally with her docter, Dr. Anderson, on Thursday morning. Only then will we know all the results and what her team will advise us to do.
Prayers...oh boy, do we need prayers. Hundreds, thousands, millions of them...or maybe just one united one asking for his healing presence here at MD and that His perfect will for Amanda's life be done.
And I am going to ask for many, many more kitchen dances.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for God's healing presence in Amanda's life and for peace for her family.
May you have many, many more kitchen dances!
I'm praying for all of you...
amanda, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment