Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tuesday's "Amazing" Admission

This morning found Amanda and I in a very busy CBCU, preparing for her admission and the first of her two Mx infusions. All of her counts were good, they had risen quite well since last Tuesday, and her Dr. was very pleased with her new levels. In fact she was so pleased that she actually used the word "amazed" when describing how well Amanda was handling this difficult treatment series.

"Amazed"...not a word you often think of when your precious daughter is battling cancer. Not a word that is easily spoken when you watch your child receive huge doses of chemotherapy.

But, it is a word that we should use when we stop and remember how big our God is. And it is a word that well describes my feelings as I watch Amanda's spirit as she travels through this experience. And it is a word that often describes how Larry & I feel in the midst of the support, help, love and prayers that has been offered to our family during this battle.

Come to think of it...because of your prayers and support...there are many things in our lives right now that cause us to be "amazed".

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Denise! What an "amazing" privilege it is to share your daughter, your family and this experience with you.

Amanda's faith, your strength, Larry's determination are truly inspirations to all of us.

I am following, asking every single day now, "Have I Glorified God today?"

I am also lifting you up, daily, in prayers and in thoughts.

Sherri