Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wednesday morning -- 10/14/08

Mandas had a good night and a good morning so far ...

Yesterday one of the doctors told us we would likely be out of the hospital in a couple of weeks. We will still be in Houston for a while after that dealing with the continued healing and the new prosthesis, but still ... it will be nice to be living back at the apartment.

Here are a couple of pictures we snapped yesterday ... One is of Amanda standing and the other is of Denise and Haley making a tent over the bed, and then they pretended like they were camping. It was complete with coyotes howling and other animals scratching at the tent, etc. :-)



11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely sight. To see our Amanda with that beautiful smile and standing. It just makes our hearts burst with pride.
All our love and prayers to you all.
Grandma and Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Family,

I want you to know that you are such an inspiration. The lord has blessed you and will never leave you. I shared your story with my retina team when you were headed to surgery. I work with a wonderful group of believers and I wanted them on the prayer train for you and the family. I just showed them the pictures of you standing with that readiant smile on your beautiful face and everyone was amazed. You are a constant reminder of what strength and faith in the lord will bring. Bless you all and please know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers and even those that have never met you are reveling in your faith and love.

Much love and kisses

Dori

Stewart Family said...

hey, amanda. you may not remember our family but i was talking to deb schaefer the other day and she told me about how you were and sent me a link to your blog. i'm praying for you guys and celebrate God's incredible grace and presence with you. Your smile, faith and life encourage and strengthen me. God bless you!
kim stewart & family

Anonymous said...

You look great Amanda! Just makes me feel better seeing your face.

Love you lots!
Neal and Becky

Anonymous said...

Amanda-

It is so good to see your beautiful smile again! We miss you! We're so glad to hear of the great progress that you're making and that you'll be getting out of the hospital sooner than expected. Keep up the great work and give your parents a hug for us!

With much love from the Pohlmans

Maddawg said...

Amanda :D!!!
Wow you are such an amazing person!!! I am so glad that you are making all this progress. I bet you had tons of un doing all those crazy fun things with Haley :). Well, I miss you and cannot wait to see you in few weeks!!

~ Madi

Matt Boyd said...

I had heard about these pictures and was wondering when we were going to get to see them! It is wonderful to see the smiles on all those faces!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration. What a beautiful smile on a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

You go Girl!! We are so proud of you and so thankful God is shining brightly through you. Love you dearly!
Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

We love you!

Anonymous said...

wow, amanda, you just continue to amaze me!

i wanna be just like u when i grow up!!!