We are here. After a long ride through the night...Larry did an incredible job getting us here safely...we have arrived and all (except me) are tucked in for the night. This visit has us currently staying at an extended stay (residence inn type place) that offers MD Anderson medical discounts. It is helpful that a room was available because there is a small kitchen area in the room and we will be able to eat here instead of always going out.
Tomorrow is scan day. We will leave here by shuttle at 8:00 in the morning and Amanda's last scans are scheduled for 8:40 tomorrow evening. It will be a long day. As Amanda and I reviewed her schedule for tomorrow, we realized and commented...we're back. Yes we are. As I have written about the difficulty of leaving children behind in Columbia, I also know that here, by her side, is exactly where I belong and where I want to be. Fighting for this child is my first priority right now - and rightly so - and I consider it an honor to support her, fight for her and walk with her on this journey. I would be no where else.
And, as a special treat, Caleb is with us. After realizing that his soccer season would begin early in August, we invited him to come along during this time that his schedule allows. For Amanda, it is always nice to have a sibling or a friend here to share this experience with her and my heart is thrilled to have our twins here together at this time.
We will not know any of the scan results until at least Wednesday. Because scans run so late tomorrow, the doctor's are using Tuesday as their day to review the scans and make decisions. We will begin to meet back with her team on Wednesday and then on Thursday as well.
Amanda's future and these scan results are unknown only to us. A loving Heavenly Father already holds her future. I ask though that prayers be offered on behalf of this day that perhaps His power and His healing would shine through as a testimony to the doctor's at MD Anderson.
Gladly, I would give Him all the glory forever and ever...
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMANDA!!!! im going to be in houston tomorrow (tuesday) im so happy calbe is with you. i love you and hopefully we'll get to see eachother.
molly
I have been catching up. I am praying. I love you guys.
Annette
Post a Comment