Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

Another day is coming to an end and before I head off to join my girls, I wanted to let you know how Amanda's day went.

Unfortunately, after going over to MDA for labs this morning, we learned that all of the Methatrexate has still not cleared Amanda's system. Some people do clear very slowly, but it is frustrating for Amanda who has always cleared it quite quickly. We have done this treatment as out patients before (last summer while we were here we did it a few times)and it quickly cleared, but for some reason this time a low count is staying in her system.

This is a concern for two reasons. 1) It is important for this chemical to clear because it is hard on your organs, particularly the liver. Amanda's liver enzymes counts are still slightly elevated yet today. 2) Once cleared, the plan is to give her body a few days rest and then infuse it again for a second time. That second infusion is currently scheduled for Tuesday, but if we still have it in her system until Monday then a decision will have to be made by our doctors as to when she will receive the second dose.

We will go back to MDA in the morning and new labs will be drawn. I will let you know what the count after we get the report.

Regardless of our lab results, we had a great day together. We checked out a new area here in Houston that we hadn't explored before and then spent time in a wonderful discount shoe store. (Those of you who know me and my daughters well will know that we love shoes!)Amanda came home with a wonderful pair of bright red shoes with white polka dots. Really. They are awesome. This evening, after the heat of the day, we went to the Houston Garden Center and walked among the beautiful roses and palms. We found a lovely Chinese gaboda (gazebo type structure) which made us think of Joshua and where we shot some pictures.

Prayers tonight are coveted for Amanda's protection and her ability to clear the last of this drug.

Thanks...we really depend on those.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in from "flooded Iowa", was having trouble sleeping so I got up and checked in on Amanda. Prayers are already on there way for the drug to clear her system... Jesus, we trust in you........Jesus, we trust in you.....

May God bless you, protect you, uphold you, and heal you......

Anonymous said...

By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust your strength lies. Isaiah 30:15

Daisy said...

Isaiah 8:12 comes to mind as I read your blog.

I am praying for you, God is faithful and He will provide strength, grace and healing.

Love you guys..... I have a sister in Houston if you ever need anything. I know she'll be happy to extend an arm or an ear.