It is Tuesday evening and the four precious children I still tuck in at night are all covered up and prayed for. (The two in college are prayed for as well...it's just that tonight they are minus their "tuck in" time from mom!) I love nights here. This one ran later than usual as we hung out together discussing some up coming events and laughing over funny movie scenes. Although we finally had to stop so the kids could get into bed, even I hated to see it end. I love times like this, they are the true treasures of our family time.
Tomorrow Amanda and I return for more lab work. Monday's counts were low, but still within the acceptable range. But because they had begun to drop, we will stay tomorrow while the lab work is done and then, if the counts show that Amanda needs a transfusion to boost her immune system, we will already be at the hospital and able to get that started immediately.
I would love to be sharing with you the final results of the tests from Denver but we are still waiting. These days have been unbelievably long, and the wait seems almost impossible at times, but there is nothing we can do but wait for them to view the results and make their decisions regarding Amanda's next treatment plan. Prayers for their wisdom & discernment continue....
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying no news is GREAT news!
- Denise's new best friend
Hi Denise,
Just read your yesterday's note......about still waiting. Thought I would share a good quote I just heard at a Women's Conf....said by Lois Evans, wife of Tony....she said "God's delays are delays of PREPARATION". Altho it seems to us your delay has been WAY LONG ENUF !!!!
Luv you,Sue Teague Gradwell,[praying here in Mt. Vernon}
Hey McD's,
I'm sure each day of not knowing is very difficult...but I can't help thinking that the length of time just shows how seriously the doctors are taking her case, and they must be trying to be very thorough in studying and weighing all the details, options, etc., so they are certain to chose the best possible course of action for Amanda's case. Hang in there, and know that many are praying!
Lori K.
Post a Comment