Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back home in Columbia

How wonderful it is to be back home again and still celebrating the news that we received while in Houston. We are exhausted...the incredible roller coaster of emotions that we have experienced in the last two weeks has been wearing; however, we still have enough energy to share our good news and our whole-hearted thankfulness to each of you who prayed and lovingly supported our family during this time.

Amanda stepped right back into her usual routine...with two feet! Yes, it is true. We were able to bring her newly adjusted leg back home with us and she is already wearing it for a few hours at a time as she builds her endurance. She is thrilled to have it here and have it fit so well.

Wednesday morning, Amanda and I will be at Univ. Hospital to answer phones for the opening phone banks of this year's radio-thon. Some of you may remember hearing the montages that Amanda and I created last year. We have taped new interviews for this year and will be live at the radio event as her school schedule allows. The radio-thon occurs over three days time. They are hosted by the Zimmer Radio group and so please listen and consider a donation if you feel led to do so. In preparation for the event, Amanda was asked to guide a walking tour of the hospital's children's units. We will attach the link here if you would like to view her tour. We think she did great!



We are home. Our daughter is doing well. There are lots of left shoes with a partner now. Cool.

We are more thankful than I can express...

denise

3 comments:

Mary Dykhuizen said...

We are so happy that you all are back in Mo. and that video of Amanda is just wonderful. Oh that lovely smile. The Lord just radiates through her.
Blessings to you all. Great to see Anna also in the video.
Love, Dad and Mary

Anonymous said...

Celebrating and thanking God with you......"He did abundantly above all we could ask or think" this time !

Hope now you can catch up on some rest !!

So glad my dear Audrey is back in Mt. Vernon !

Much, much love, Sue Gradwell

Dixie said...

Amanda, I couldn't help but smile as I was watching your Children's Hospital movie debut. Memories of Mom Cathy bringing home the twins, Amanda and Caleb, from the hospital.... Oh how she loved her kids! She was the most loving Mom that you could find....except for maybe Mom Denise! I have such great memories of Cathy (you too Larry!) on the farm in Harrisburg. I am so blessed that God put Cathy and I together as best friends back then. And how neat is it to have your family as my next door neighbors in town too? Love all eight of you!
Dixie