It seems like our days are flying by, each one filled with all the activity and busyness that life inside a large family holds.
The radio-thon was a success for the Univ. Children's Hospital and we thank each of you who chose to donate. Amanda and I were privileged to tape sound bites, give live interviews and answer phones. The people of Univ. Hospital are as dear as family to us and we are thankful we were able to be a part of this fund raiser on their behalf.
Here at home, Amanda continues to love her role as a High School senior. She and Caleb are now actively investigating college choices with both of them now making campus visits and comparing programs. At school she participates in practice with her cheer squad and the drama/theater team as they begin preparations for their spring performance. And then of course there is the red and black face paint and home-made Knights t-shirts as we cheer Caleb and his fellow soccer players on through their senior season. (Go KNIGHTS!)
Throughout all of this, Amanda and I continue to visit the CBCU for regular lab draws. Her counts remained strong for the first 2 weeks following her Texas chemo infusion; however, yesterday her ANC had dropped and so an injection was necessary to give her a boost before her chemo scheduled for next Wednesday.
But even chemo doesn't keep Amanda from living her life to the fullest which means I need to go and pack. She and I leave this weekend for a college visit. She is so excited. She is preparing for a future that is of service to others and with her training on a Christian campus. I think out of the two of us, I probably still have the most to learn...as she continues to set before me such an example of how to live each and everyday to the fullest.
Not slowing down yet,
our whole family
Friday, October 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So happy to hear the good news!
What college are you visiting? Are you thinking at all about SBU?
I am excited for you four to come visit this weekend!
Whatever college Miss Amanda chooses, it will be blessed just to have her! I will pray that God directs her to just the right situation for her and that He continue to hold her close...her whole family close...
Post a Comment