We have been met with an amazing surprise ... the preliminary information and assessment of the mass in the right pelvic area was incorrect. Reassessment by the people here at MD Anderson says the following ...
"No evidence of recurrent tumor ... Based on the appearance and the relatively stable nature of this abnormality, I do not believe that it is evidence of metastatic disease. Rather, I believe this is an area of bone marrow toxicity. It can be followed on future examinations."
So, in layman's words...because Amanda's pelvic scans can look unusual (due to the effects of both her osteo and the amount of radiation that she has received)the scan in Columbia was misinterpreted. Once the scan had been compared to a previous scan here in Houston it became clear that the spot in her hip was not cancer. That is why the PET scan results seemed inconclusive...it was not responding as a tumor should have.
Tomorrow we resume an infusion of chemo to keep attacking any cancer cells that might still be in the lungs, followed by Amanda going to the place where they are working on her prosthetic leg. Amanda is anxious to get her C-leg, and especially to get back home to participate in the CFS Tournament.
And ... following is an image of Amanda being her usual funny self .... this time riding the elevator down while balanced on the inner handrails. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
We couldn't be more pleased and so happy for everyone, especially Amanda.
We pray that the rest of the time in Houston is a time of happiness and not the stress that I can only imagine you have been going through.
Love to you all,
Dad and Mary
We are so happy and so thankful to God for the great news. Hurry home, Amanda. We miss you!
Charlotte Schauwecker
So excited for you Amanda! The following quote seems appropriate:
"The prayer that begins with trustfulness, and passes on into waiting, will always end in thankfulness, triumph, and praise."
My thankful heart joins yours in the good news!! God bless....
PTL, PTL, PTL!!!! We are SO very happy to hear this news. We know it is an ENORMOUS relief for Amanda and for all of you as well as her many supporters who care deeply. Wayne and Faye
We are thankful too. We can only imagine your feelings at this time. We were praying for this answer. Take care coming back to Columbia.
Elaine and Lloyd
Yeah!!! We are so happy at the Koske house! Thanks for sharing the great, wonderful, amazing news!
"Amanda refuses to circle. When I let everyone sleep in and planned a day of shopping, ice cream, movies and fun after we received the results...she went to her 1st hour class before coming home to join us."
There is so much we can learn from her. Praise God, seriously, praise God. What an example.
larry words CANNOT begin to express my relief and gratitude for this good news. lots of people love you guys and although you are in the worst part of the storm we are all effected to a lesser degree by this tempest.
by the way, let me do the photos for you. i have the professional equipment and would love to get some pics for you including a father and daughter shot.
That is terrific news! So glad to hear it. Take care of yourselves, and hope you have a little celebration. Love, Jodie
I continue to pray for you every day! Miss Amanda Joy you are my inspiration!!! I love you dearly and praise the Lord that you set such a wonderful example for me of what a woman of God should be!
so happy about your news! GOD IS GOOD!!! Hopes Mom Susan... Hope is in Columbia living with her sister, and has her next scans on oct 16th. Hope will be 20 next week and is enjoying life. Amanda you can talk to her on face book look for Hope Schaberg
That is such GREAT News!!
We are all sooo overjoyed!! I'm sure it was a major relief to hear this :).
I love it when God catches us by surprise with His miracles :D!!
~Madi G.
I do not know your family beyond what I've read here on this blog. I am simply a lurker who found Amanda when her journey was in the early days. I am 62 years old and not in the least ashamed to say that Amanda is one of my heroes.
I am pleased and thankful for this good news. God is good and I pray for His continued blessings for you all.
What a beautiful picture!
I'm very happy for you and glad you should be back soon. Thanks be to God.
Praise God!!!!!
My 5th grade class and my family are rejoicing with you and continuing to pray for you/1
We love you!!!!
Mary
Post a Comment