The week was long; however, thankfully each day passed by easier than before as Amanda handled the chemo so much better this time. Her bouts of nausea were manageable and passed by much more quickly than our last chemo series and each day we reminded each other of our countdown to the end.
There were tears as we said our prayer before leaving the room and this time, they were all happy ones.
This morning found Amanda up and eager to return to her schooling. Although I told her I was staying on "stand-by" in case she wanted to come home and rest, she never did call and was even able to attend a home soccer game tonight that her soccer team played in. Wow. What a difference from before.
There are no words to say how thankful I am this evening.
She and I will go down to the CBCU early Thursday morning for a lab draw to check on her counts. Last time we required a blood transfusion and two platelet infusions following the chemo treatment...hopefully that will not be necessary this time.
To each of you who kept her in your thoughts and prayers and sent words or gifts of encouragement - you are so appreciated and I truly believe you are a part of the strength that carried her through.
God's Blessings to you.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dad and I are so thrilled to hear that Amanda is doing so good this time. I feel your relief.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily.
We love you all.
Love, Dad and Mary
Sooooooooo thankful for the great news, now we will be praying that her counts are good. What a trooper Amanda is, what an inspiration for all of us, a true JOY.........
Checking in from Iowa on a dreary day in need of some sunshine---Amanda is that for me!!
God bless and keep all of you warm and safe and comforted today....
love you manda :)
Post a Comment