Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beloved Member of the Class of 2010

There is now a shadow box honoring and remembering Amanda, placed in the high school wing at Christian Fellowship School.







Etched into the bottom is: August 12, 1991 - May 14, 2010
Under her picture says: Beloved Member of the Class of 2010

Amanda's Verse:
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Psalm 16:5-11

Amanda said this about her scripture choice:
“Through the challenges that I have faced over the past few years, the words of this verse have been a constant reassurance to me. To know that God has already gone before me… preparing my way and yet He stays close enough beside me to hold my hand; continually I am reminded – what do I have to fear?”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what wisdom this girl had. She continues to inspire from beyond the grave.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful that CFS and the class of 2010 did this memorial. Amanda's verse was so appropriate for her and it really showed that her thoughts came from her heart. Amanda will ALWAYS remain in our hearts and memories. We still pray for you guys! Wayne and Faye

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful remembrance. Your lovely girl has a special place in my heart. Jodie

Anonymous said...

I don't know how often the family checks in on Amanda's site, but I continue to hold you all close in my prayers and my heart...

Just an anonymous friend from Iowa who walked beside you through this blog who misses Amanda's presence as well as news of her family. Funny how you can come to care for people you have never met in person, but by sharing in their experiences and faith you grew close to their hearts....

Anonymous said...

want to hear more from you all. we are still praying.

larry said...

@ anonymous
We will post something later this week.

Anonymous said...

I miss Amanda. Terribly.