Friday, May 14, 2010

Heaven

She is whole.

We are broken.

Amanda Joy McDaniel

August 12, 1991 - May 14, 2010

64 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry. What a gift from God she was. Imagine the reunion she is having right now.

Brad Lademann said...

Our hearts are broken along with your family's yet Amanda has heard "Well done, good and faithful servant". There lies our hope. We will be praying.

All our love,

Brad and Rachel Lademann

Anonymous said...

We have prayed for you on this journey and our hearts continue to go out to you. May He ease the ache of your loss with the peace that passes all understanding.

H. Jankowski said...

I read this post with deep sadness. I have followed this blog over the years and have been deeply touched by every entry. Amanda, Larry and Denise will never know all the lives they have touched. My thoughts and prayers are for Amanda and her family.

Becky said...

Love you all and know that strangers (me!) deeply loved her. I want to hug you so badly.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Yes, dear one, she is whole and we are broken right along with you...Prayers for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts go out to you. I know that mere words can't begin to express our sorrow for your loss. I am continually amazed at all God did through Amanda in such a short time. I know that the plans that God has for her are infinately better than anything that we could have ever hoped for her. It just so hard and it doesn't seem fair but we do trust that God knows what's best. Know that we love you and you will not leave our prayers. Love, Al, Tammy, Michael and Katie.

Anonymous said...

What an incredible light Amanda was and continues to be. She was such a servant to all who knew her. We love you and are lifting all of you up in our prayers. May the God of all comfort be your rest & peace just now.
Lynene Sandbloom
College Church Prayer Shawl Ministry

Anonymous said...

Amanda is at Home with Our Heavenly Father. She will be remembered as she left her imprint on all of our hearts. Her grace was a testament to her faith, but also to the wonderful supporting parents, brothers and sisters, and friends that surrounded her. All of you remain in our prayers.
Love,
Ann, Mark and Tessa

Unknown said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. Now Amanda is whole dancing with the angels !

Laurie Weaver said...

Aching with you all...
I witnessed God's organization and gentle touch over this day...blessed in the eyes of the Lord are the deaths of His saints.

"A thousand times I've failed Still your mercy remains And should I stumble again, still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart and my soul,
I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise,
become my embrace To love You
from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

Anonymous said...

We are very sorry about your lose. You are in our thoughts and prayers. She is in a better place with God.

Amen..

Adam, Jered, Eileen, Rex, and Audrey Sharp

Anonymous said...

We love you guys.
-Tim & Lauren Oliphant

Ashley said...

PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY... there is nothing sweeter than knowing that Amanda is now dancing so joyfully with her Creator now. Love you all and praying for you!
Love,
The Gross Family

Anonymous said...

My heart and soul both weep along with you left behind, and rejoice with Amanda as she beats us all home to our Heavenly Father. How badly He wanted to have her with Him! And how much more we long to join them both.

Peace to you.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts ache for you, but rejoice for Amanda...free to run, free to dance!

We'll continue to pray as the Comforter surrounds you and ministers His peace, hope, and love to each of you. He will never leave you or forsake you.

~Denise's new best friend

Anonymous said...

God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

We love all of you.

Jamie, Jessica and Lily DuBose

Anonymous said...

Amanda has left footprints on our hearts and in so many ways carried us, just as HE has, through this journey. The love and faith that Amanda and your whole family has shared with us will stay etched in our hearts and minds for eternity. Although her time with us was much to short, WOW...what a gift heaven now has!! Many can go a whole lifetime without having the opportunity to meet someone as extraordinary as Amanda. She has taught us how to live, love and most of all ~ have faith. Rest in Peace Amanda...

Anonymous said...

May God comfort and encourage you with His love, and may you find strength in the sure knowledge of seeing Amanda again in heaven. God bless you and keep you in this difficult time.
Herb Swanson

ruthiepooh said...

I love each one of you. God truely is the God of comfort and I pray He extends mercy and grace and peace to your hearts beyond understanding. She is doing the worm with Jesus :) love you all. "my grace is enough for you because my power is perfected in your weakness" 2 Cor.

Unknown said...

My sympathies go out to your entire family! As everyone says, Amanda is whole; she is cancer free. I have no words but I do have prayers...many many prayers for you; for Amanda; for all whose lives she has touched.

MIracles Can Happen Boys Ranch said...

My heart aches for you.....she is whole and in the arms of her heavenly Father now! She was such a fighter and an inspiration to so many. So was her family that is now broken without her there beside them....hold onto her memories forever! I continue to pray for your family as you continue to go through your unthinkable! Lord...Give them peace and just hold them as only you can, in Jesus Name Amen!

MIracles Can Happen Boys Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Words cannot soothe the pain you feel, but please know that thoughts & prayers surround you. Thank you for your faith & strength, & for allowing your journey to light the way for others.

C Crews H said...

Rom 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Today’s announcement of the completion of Amanda’s earthly journey causes me to rejoice with her in her new found freedom from the affects of earth’s limitations and sorrows. That same announcement, however, causes me to weep with you as we adjust to her absence as our earthly journey continues.

Your family is amazing! Your love, faithfulness and strength all point to the hope we share in Christ. I do not doubt that His Spirit will minister Sweet grace and comfort as only He can. In the mean time we are praying and weeping with you at the sorrow of the temporary absence of her presence.

My constant prayers for her are now added to my prayers for you all, in this time of adjustment, that her joy would somehow be shared with you as her pain had been.

You are greatly loved,
R and C Hodill

Anonymous said...

Crying hard for your family and for my family..somehow also trying to rejoice with Jesus and Amanda. As Amanda returned to the Lord today.. I watched a small child jumping on a trampoline, laughing, and dancing in a white dress next door to Amanda and our home ....I was reminded of Amanda her Joy and love for life. After jumping off the trampoline this precious child ran quickly to find her dress up shoes. Amanda we take refuge in knowing you are dancing in heaven.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. I know that she is in heaven with a perfect body and she is walking the streets of gold with two good legs and no pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ellen Bryant

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss and ours. Amanda touched so many lives and will remain alive in our hearts. Words are so inadequate to express the grief I am feeling. In spite of the tremendous grief you are feeling, you still managed to announce her passing in a way that brings some sort of comfort..."Amanda is whole".

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken also. Amanda (as well as your whole family)has been such an inspiration to me and thousands of others. Thank you for sharing her journey with us. Many have been touched by her (& your family's) great witness to the width & depth & height of the love of God. The grace under which you endured this trial is amazing! Although it is so difficult for us to understand why a precious girl would have to go thru this, we must remember His ways are not our ways. Take comfort in the fact that Amanda is now dancing with our Heavenly Father and she is pain free. My prayers continue.
Valerie Stine & family

Anonymous said...

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7 Amanda finished strong and was such an example to all of us. We continue to pray for you for the peace that only God can give.
Melanie

Anonymous said...

In a little while, we will be together as family missing Amanda, but she has led the way to the greatest reunion of all, where we will all be together again.
Were the Heavens a little brighter last night?

Love ya all, see ya soon, Uncle Doo and Tara

Anonymous said...

She is an angel, and she is now with all the other angels. She was a blessing to everyone who met her. We all loved her. Now, she is with her mother up in heaven.

God bless you all.

~a relative of close friends of the McDaniel family.

Anonymous said...

Denise and family,
You are in my thoughts and prayers at this time of sadness and rejoicing. May you feel the comfort of only God Almighty as you go thru the next days that lay ahead.

In Him,
Anita Nost(Lisbon, IA)

Anonymous said...

"I can never lose one
whom I have loved unto the end;
one to whom my soul cleaves so firmly
that it can never be separated
does not go away
but only goes before."

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

I did not know Amanda personally but her courage and her faithful heart touched me, she inspired me, she still does, she always will.

I am so sorry that you must live with the pain of losing her earthly presence. I pray that our loving and ever present God will sustain each of you until you meet her again.

Not retired but refired! said...

Though I don't really know you well, I feel like I do, since I have been keeping up with your blogs from the beginning and praying for you. Know that you are still in my heart and prayers. What an incredible journey Amanda had. Her years were short but long and lasting in influence. She was a beacon of light radiating His love to everyone she saw.

Love and Prayers,

Marilyn Hargis

Anonymous said...

When we lose a believing loved one, as believers we receive comfort and Jesus' blessing over and over again knowing that He has conquered the grave.
We extend our deepest sympathies to your family. The mansion is brighter with Amanda's presence.
Blessings!
Sherryl and Ernie Rairdin
CVBC, Cedar Rapids

Anonymous said...

Words are pretty useless at a time like this. They are incapable of expressing the deepest sorrow of the loss of such an amazing young lady, and there simply isn't a big enough word to express the joy Amanda must have as she walks with the Father.

She touched my life, though we never met. She inspired me to live to each day to its full potential. She encouraged me to help others get through difficult times and share in their triumphs.

Your family must go on, but it won't be without her. She will always be a part of your life, as well as all those who ever had the priviledge of knowing her.

God will bless you, hold you, and encourage you through all of this. May you find comfort in the fact that the young woman you call daughter and sister lived a life that pointed to God. She touched lives wherever she went and will continue to do so as her story is told.

God bless you always.

Alec and Wendy

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. I didn't believe it was true when I saw this post of Amanda having left this earth for Heaven! I never met you, your family, or Amanda but I have been truly blessed to have known Amanda's story. What a strong young lady you have! As you go through this time I know you will turn to God for strength. You will need it. Losing a child is the hardest thing parents can go through. May God bless you every day and keep you under His watch care.

Anonymous said...

As students at CFS my kids watched Amanda's courageous battle with cancer. She was an inspiration to them and a wonderful example of how to live life to the fullest. She will be sorely missed.

Matthew 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Psalms 147:3
He heals the broken hearted, binding up their wounds.

Jeremiah 31:13
I will turn their mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Rev 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

You are in our prayers.

Todd, Molly, Drew, Zack and Maggie Norton

Anonymous said...

Our bright shiny star is shining even brighter now that she is with Jesus. Everyone at CFS will miss her greatly.

We love the McDaniel family.

Charlotte Schauwecker
Christian Fellowship School

Eeaston said...

Sweet Amanda was truly one of the biggest blessings in my life. I cannot even begin to imagine the whole left in your hearts but Jesus promises to repay. My prayers and thoughts are with your dear family.

Anonymous said...

i love you guys so much. it's such a joy to know that amanda is up in heaven with jesus having the time of her life. :) that makes me so happy to know that. even though we all miss her, its good to know that one day we will be reuniting with her in the most wonderful place..will be praying for all of you guys.

love, Kezhia Gill and family

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I pray for your strenth in the following days as you prepare to rejoice in Amanda's life.
Your old pal, Jody

Anonymous said...

If you have ever lost someone that you TRULY loved, you know the hurt...the incredible anguish that they feel. It's a bottomless pit that seems like it will never be filled. But it does become more shallow over time due to the fact that you are able to console yourself by trusting in the saving power of our Lord Jesus Chrsit. I hope your "hole" fills completely. Do NOT lose faith. Those of us that trsut our Lord will see Amanda and all of our loved ones again. The sacrifice at the cross GUARANTEES that. I will pray for peace for you and give glory to God for what he has done for us all

Suz said...

Our heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to the whole family. Amanda was such a joyful spirit, and such a tremendous example of living a faithful life. The world has lost a beautiful being, but it has gained one awesome angel watching over us!

Susan
Cousin to Cathy Keil

Susan said...

We know the sadness of separation from our loved ones and are so sorry. We take comfort in knowing Amanda is whole again and her smile is lighting up the heavens. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Susan, Ted & Hope Worstell

Anonymous said...

I am so sad and crying as I write this. This earth has lost a remarkable young woman but Heaven has gained a wonderful angel. Larry and Denise and brothers and sisters, I pray for strength, because I know you already understand. She fought the battle better than anyone I know and has touched lives she has never known. Rest in Peace in Heaven with your loved ones and your Lord.

Anonymous said...

I didn't really know Amanda, or any of you, but my brother is in her class at CFS and I know how much she was and is still loved by you as her family, and her friends. May God carry her always, and carry you through this season of brokenness.

Anonymous said...

Your neighbors are praying, asking for the Lord's arms to envelope each of you. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones ~
I had left a message yesterday for you but read this quote this evening. I have thought of Amanda all day and when I read this I again felt blessed to have known your precious daughter.

Daily Meditation (Henri Nouwen)
Dying with Grateful Hearts

"We often wonder how death will occur for us. Through illness, accident, war, or a natural disaster? Will our deaths happen suddenly or gradually? There are no answers for these questions, so we really should not spend time worrying about them. We don't know how our lives will end, and this is a blessed ignorance! But there is an important question that we should consider: When our time to die comes, will we die in such a way that those we leave behind are not devastated by grief or left with feelings of shame or guilt?

How we leave others depends largely on how we prepare ourselves for death. When we can die with grateful hearts, grateful to God and our families and friends, our deaths can become sources of life for others."

Anonymous said...

My daughter, Kate, is one of Mrs Boyds students and said the sweetest prayer last night after hearing about Amanda. She touched the lives of a group of second graders who will never be the same having been through this with their precious teacher. We are praying! Kris Austin

Anonymous said...

What a gift this young lady was. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Hugs and prayers for you

Anonymous said...

How very well Amanda has lived and loved. How great has been her family's love for her. We are so very sad with you. We will remember your Amanda always. Prayers for you all that you will be comforted in your grief. Jodie and Jeb

Anonymous said...

Amanda's strength and joy will be missed. Fly to Jesus and live...

Katie Davis
Christian Fellowship School

The Robbs said...

We are praying through tears. Our family was blessed to have known Amanda and to follow her battle on this blog, a battle she handled with such grace.
We are praying specifically for God to give you rest and peace.
Love,
The Robbs

Anonymous said...

i looked up at the sky today and saw how beautiful it was, then i realized it was because you are up there.

Amanda was "seeing angels" before she died but i know that she was surrounded by them every day with her friends and family. She couldnt have a better support system.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this, it breaks my heart. My prayers go out to all of you.

Amanda lit up our lives in Florida when we got to meet her. A ray of sunshine and happiness.

She is now resting comfortably and will always be with us and helping us where ever we are.

Anonymous said...

May 14, 2010 we lost a beautiful angel but also, heaven gained one. Amanda was such a joy and inspiration to everyone she met. We are so glad she is out of her pain and with her heavenly Father. She will be forever missed and loved. Amanda is in our hearts and mind. She was full of Spirit and was a great example of character for the whole school. - Love, Sakina and Lauren

Anonymous said...

A-wesome
M-iracle
A-ngel
N-ever shows a bad attitude
D-elivers the best of her ability
A-lways for the lord

J-oyful even in the worst of times
O-utsanding personality
Y-outhful

The Bakers said...

I know there's no 'silver lining' to this for your family. However, I wanted to share with you that my son goes to Kindergarten at CFS. We had a conversation about Amanda and it ended with him asking Jesus into his heart!

I have been, and will continue, to pray for your family. May God provide His peace that passes our understanding.

Anonymous said...

Whoa...I just read your entries for the past year and some from 2006. Let me first say that reading about Amanda was truly inspirational. Her spirit through such physical pain and discomfort is amazing. As a volunteer with Kansas City Hospice (specifically Hospice House), I feel that reading your blog will help me to become a volunteer. With God's help, my level of understanding and compassion will taken to a new level. I will continue now to pray for your family and its healing. Remember to take care yourselves.
Heather Akers

blogger_chic said...

i'm praying for Amanda's family for the loss of your dear loved one . Even though i never really knew her i read this blog and it seems to me that she was a very nice young lady who lived a good life. and at least we know she is not hurting anymore because she is with God.

Anonymous said...

I have written to you before as you know I've been following Amanda's story for a couple of years now. I was heart broken to know that she left us all while I was on vacation at Disney. I just got home an hour ago and went immediately to the computer to check on Amanda's blog. I was crushed to see what I read. Each and every time I saw the Castle at Disney I thought of her and remembered the blogs about the Disney trip you guys recently took. I am so sad for you all, prayers are going up for your family. * To the girl I never got to meet but fell in love with through the words in this blog: You are my brave, hero and I will never forget the things that you would say during your treatment that inspired so many of us during your dark time. You truly are flying with the angels, I am sure of it.
Tammy Hodges
Rogersville, Missouri
tammy_hodges@yahoo.com