Saturday, May 22, 2010

A note from Amanda's Bible ..... dated June 14, 2007 ... she was 15 at the time

There are times when I'll be thinking this is how it should go ... God got it all wrong ... I know the best way. Even when I'm praying, if I think God is doing something that doesn't seem to be the right way, I will pray that He will in essence change His mind and take my advice. Not consciously, but that is what I have found myself doing. 


I mean, when you think about it, what makes us think that we are right and God is wrong? He knows the exact number of hairs on our heads for goodness sake! I mean, in reality though we are pretty sure we know what should happen, we are actually completely lost. But it isn't our job to make sure everything is going according to what we think is a good plan; it is our job to follow God's plan.


Whose plan would you listen to? ... A person who's been alive for 15 years and hasn't even finished high school or probably even half the Bible, or God who has been there since the beginning of time, knows everything about everything, and is the author of the Bible ... I think I will stick with God's plan.


Lord, please help me remember You know what You are doing and I need to trust You to lead me and fulfill Your plan for my life.


Amanda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This past week I have had so many of my patients and friends ask about Amanda and ALL of them have told me how Amanda had touched their lives in one way or another. That her heart and faith were so moving to them. She had the wisdom and faith of someone beyond her years and taught not only those that got to know her through this blog but myself, Michael and our children many many things. We love, loved and will miss her terribly.
Aunt Dori

Becky said...

I am so moved by this...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such wisdom and revelation. If the rest of us could truly "get" what Amanda got, our lives would be so much more settled and peaceful. How many times have I tried to convince God of "my plan" and asked (pleaded) for Him to endorse it as if I knew best? "Maybe if I just pray harder, maybe fast along with the praying..." And how many of us get mad when God doesn't see fit to do it "our way?"

Amanda got it right. There is true peace and JOY in the "I surrender all" kind of faith. Dear God, help us to keep learning what Amanda knew...what a teacher!

~Denise's New Best Friend

Anonymous said...

This is why so many people that never knew Amanda personally have been drawn to this site. She had wisdom and faith beyond her years. Amanda was filled by the Spirit... she never shied away from allowing the Spirit to move her where God was leading.

Anonymous said...

Another Iowa fan just saying thank you for sharing your journey with us and for these wonderful words of challenge and inspiration. My prayers continue for the comfort of all so blessed to be part of this amazing girl's life. I weep with you in the loss and rejoice with you in Amanda's wonderful V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!

Anonymous said...

What wisdom! Needless to say we have been and still will be praying for you! Elaine

Carol said...

Amazing insight! We should all strive for this kind of wisdom. I didn't ever get to meet Amanda, but I've really been touched by her through your blog. Thank you for being so forthcoming in sharing this journey with us.

Denise said...

Wow, still encouraging us to be sold out for Jesus even from her home in heaven....cool.

Anonymous said...

Your family is still in my heart and prayers - Amanda and her wonderful family have been such an inspiration. I only hope I can be half as brave if/when I would ever be in your situation. Throughout your sad journey, I know many people have learned so much about God, family, life and being ready to enter His Holy Kingdom. I am so sorry for your loss. I know you're grieving and will never feel whole again until you all reunite with
Amanda in heaven. Your family is awesome; and even in your grief, you have so much to be proud of.