Each day finds Amanda feeling more and more like her old self. We are so thankful. The purpose of our recent procedures were primarily for pain relief and so far it seems as if they are going to be successful.
Never ones to waste our time together, Amanda, Abby and I set out for a new adventure today. A Narnia exhibit is being held in Sugar Land, Texas and we decided to go check it out. I have to be honest...we didn't expect much. There were not many people there, and what could a Narnia exhibit have? But it seemed like a good way to fill an afternoon and so off we went.
We could not have been more wrong.
From the moment we entered the writing area of C.S. Lewis and then stepped into the empty room with the large wardrobe at the back, our anticipation grew. And then, the wardrobe opened and we went through...with coats hanging at our sides we saw the trees and the snow gently falling...it was almost magical. We had entered Narnia.
Walking along snowy pathways, sitting on the white witch's throne, and viewing the props and significant items from the movies, we were entranced. We wandered along, reading each post of explanation, remembering scenes from the movies, it was a wonderful time. Anticipation grew as winter continued to cover the area and all faithful followers of Aslan prepared for battle.
And then Aslan came. Spring began to show new life. The snow melted away, apples were on the trees. There was a battle yet to fight but Aslan was there and ultimately there was victory and crowns to bestow.
Sometimes, when we least expect it, moments come that stop us and take our breath away. As I rounded a corner, what I saw stopped me and brought tears to my eyes.
There were my daughters, Amanda and Abby, standing to the left and the right of the mighty lion, Aslan. Centaurs on either side of the room had formed a canopy of trumpets that they had walked under as they approached him. Thrones were on either side of Aslan and as the girls were reading the words written there, their heads appeared bowed.
Oh that I could freeze time and that a picture could be painted from my memory. At that moment, all I could do was imagine my children standing near a throne, the lion of Judah before them, the battle won. The imagery took my breath away.
Sometimes in quiet places, where we least expect it, we are given a picture of Heaven. Today, for me, it was on the 2nd floor of an old, rennovated prison building where I had stepped through a wardrobe.
Magical, no...not really. Heavenly,....absolutely.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How wonderful! And so glad that Amanda was feeling up to taking an outing. Hope you were able to take pictures. Praying for good results from appointments first of week so your entire family can be HOME for Christmas. Wishing the McDaniel family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS filled with laughter, joy, peace and may you continue to feel God's presence surrounding you and the love of so many friends and family who truly care. Wayne and Faye
ah Denise...that was amazingly beautiful. (when am I gonna learn to go grab a kleenex box before I start reading your site? ;-)
PERFECT
with love Uncle Doo
Post a Comment