This afternoon at the beach lake at Coyote Hill, a dear group of our friends, family and pastors gathered while Amanda and Anna were baptized. A baptism is always a significant decision and step in one's personal journey of faith. And for parents to see a child choose to make this public statement is very precious. And today, we witnessed and shared this moment as two of our daughter's made this public proclamation of faith.
In our family there is a rather special tradition. Larry has had the unique privilege of baptizing each of our other children who have made the decision to be baptized. And so today, with Pastor Mike from our church officiating, he again stepped into the water and baptized both Amanda and Anna.
What a moment, what significance this held for us. When Jesus was baptized we know that a dove came, landed on Him and a voice from Heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matt. 3:16-17) Today there were no doves or audible voices from the sky; however, I believe that in Heaven today the same words were whispered and the same sentiment of love and pleasure was expressed on behalf of our daughter's, Amanda Joy and Anna Leigh.
And I, if I may borrow His words, agree with the our Heavenly Father and say...these are my daughters. I love them and with them I am well pleased.
denise
1 comment:
A beautiful testimony !! Enjoy every minute w/your precious mom this week !
Love, Sue Gradwell
Post a Comment