Since I last posted with Caleb and Amanda's 18th birthday celebration our family has spent time celebrating Joshua's 23rd birthday ( we are so proud of the young man that he is today), preparing Caleb and Amanda for their first day of school - SENIORS ROCK!- and packing and re-packing as we prepared to take Abby to Ohio. On Thursday morning we headed out together in
Thursday morning (before we left)held the next lab appointment for Amanda. We waited to leave until she was cleared. Abby, Amanda and Tucker passed the time taking a final ride around in Abby's beloved truck. She loves it but is going to sell it now that she is going away to school. A few times around the block and our call came in. I am happy to say that Amanda's results showed good recovery levels. On Wednesday, Amanda and I will go back to the CBCU for her 2nd chemo infusion and the start of her new oral chemo pill.
Life moves on. There are days I wish I could grab it, hold it and stop it right where it is. And yet, even in knowing that is impossible, I wouldn't miss these moments - these precious minutes - of my children's lives for anything in the world.
Today we are tired from the long ride home from Ohio. But through the yawns there are smiles. Each milestone is a gift. And we are being showered with gifts.
1 comment:
Thanks for teaching all of us to savor our little blessings and to make the most of each and every moment that we have together. Life is so precious and we have the chance to appreciate it while we live it, there's no time like the present to do that. So from this anonymous heart in Iowa to your warm and inspiring hearts in Missouri, may God continue to bless and keep you.......
Post a Comment