Yesterday found us again doing our routine lab work - I am always thankful when I can tell you that Amanda's counts rebounded better than expected and the Dr's are thrilled with her new levels. That became a double blessing because....
late yesterday we received our call from Houston - they want us to start on Monday. Yes, this Monday.
Everything here is now on fast forward. We are packing, preparing for weeks in Houston, making arrangements and planning schedules for the kids. My old van died this week...really died. Completely. A friend of ours who sells cars was able to find one for us on this short notice so, although there was no way that we now needed to add a car payment, we are thankful that this happened while we were still in Columbia and that we now have reliable transportation for our trip south.
My computer will come with us to Houston and so I will be able to keep you updated on Amanda and the radiation series that she will be receiving.
I ask for your prayers for me as the mom and my family as we must face this time of separation. I ask for your prayers for the Dr's and this new radiation procedure and that God will give them His wisdom and guide them as they treat our precious daughter. And most of all, I ask for your continued prayers for Amanda, that God will continue to stay close to her, that He will continue to provide the peace, the comfort and the physical strength that she will need as she faces this upcoming procedure, and finally that we will be able to witness of His greatness and love to all we meet in Houston.
We will post again as soon as we are settled and are beginning our "Houston Summer".
denise
Friday, July 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We'll keep you in our prayers as always. Have a safe trip. We'll look forward to hearing the updates.
Love,
Neal and Becky
I hope that you have a safe trip. Keep us updated.
Love & Prayers
Chas
Post a Comment