Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I watch Amanda move about the house, bringing cheer to anyone who happens to cross her path. Her journey of joy is sometimes interrupted by the need to take meds for pain, or nausea ... but once that interruption has passed, the journey of joy continues as if nothing discouraging had actually happened.

In about an hour I leave with Denise and Amanda to take them to the airport in St. Louis. They are flying to MN for the fitting of Amanda's new prosthetic leg. We are all very excited for her. They will return sometime this weekend. While there in MN I think they are going to hit the swimming pool, and I've told Amanda to be sure she can swim well for that float trip we're taking this spring. :-) I don't want to have to save her and Lydia like last time! :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for Amanda and pray that the adjustment to her new leg will be an easy one. I can't wait to see her back cheering with her squad. Anna and I talked at the last game and we think Amanda will be doing the worm again in no time!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Praying all goes well

Neal and Becky

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! We love you!
nik and Erin

Anonymous said...

Larry,
I don't think ANYTHING can stop Amanda if she really wants to do something! One of these days, she's going to be leaving YOU in the dust!
Hope all goes well this week in MN.
Love you guys!
Sherri

LA Kohl said...

Uh huh...just like YOU had to save THEIR cell phone and digital camera, right???! :-D

larry said...

You know ... I must admit ... I thought it perfectly rude that those girls got upright and back in their canoe before I could save them from the dreadful rapids. Next time they should wait until I am through rescuing myself so I can rescue them. It made me look ... well ... you know ... kinda silly. :-)