Saturday, April 23, 2011

I hope there's chocolate.... :-)

Photobucket
Tomorrow is Easter. I love Easter. Through the years we always celebrated it big here at the McDaniel house. We dyed eggs...lots of eggs. We have hid them and re-hid them, filling hours of afternoon fun. We have hid them and lost them...not so fun when found days later. As the children were growing up we opened Resurrection eggs each year and found the treasures inside that represented aspects of the Easter story. We still use the very same baskets every year that were given to us by a grandmother our first Easter as a newly formed family. And no matter how my children have grown, their baskets still appear in the night at their place on the table for Easter morning. (Thanks to out-of-state colleges and homes how, their baskets are here but for some, treats must now be delivered by UPS...not the Easter bunny.)

This is our first Easter without Amanda. Last year she was a part of that egg dye-ing day and all of our favorite Easter dinner dishes. I don't want to think of tomorrow without her. But this ache...these tears...are part of the reason that I love Easter so.

He is Risen.

For all of us who weep; for us who struggle to participate in each day with a piece of our heart missing, could there be any more beautiful words than these?

He is Risen.

At the very basis of my faith and the foundation of my trust are these three words. He is risen. Because of this we have the hope - the promise - that there is more...so much more for us then just these earthly days. Eternity together. Now that is worth celebrating.

There will still be eight baskets out in the morning. This year, only Anna will be home to awaken and find them. I know there will be some tears as I place them around the table later. But they will not be tears of hopelessness or despair.

He is Risen.

Happy Easter Joshua, Haley, Matt, Abby, Anna and Caleb. The faith that you were taught through the years all comes down to this fact...He came. He was crucified. He rose again.

And Happy Easter to you, Amanda Joy. We miss you everyday and we will miss you tomorrow. But such a celebration you will be a part of...your first Easter in Heaven. Wow. I can't even imagine.

(I hope there's chocolate.... :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet there is chocolate - chocolate that would put Cadbury's and Ghirardelli's to shame. A huge party, complete with a heaven-sized Imax theater, showing that very first Easter Sunday. Jesus Himself...right there - in all His glory, humility & deity. The disciples, women & eye-witnesses telling everyone about what it was really like to actually BE there that day. And Amanda, savoring every single moment of it all and smiling her contagious smile amongst her heavenly family & new-found friends. That, and so much more that we can't even grasp or imagine -- I hope and pray that such thoughts & memories will bring a little bit of comfort today to your aching hearts.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful post. She is certainly loved & missed...and He is certainly risen indeed. Hugs to all of you...

Anonymous said...

HE IS RISEN INDEED!...........and because HE is, so shall we all be!
I'm loving you, sharing your loss and lonliness AND your hope and promise!!

.........and everything God made was good and He doesn't throw away good things........so Yes, little sister, there WILL be chocolate!! (Look for me in the "baby room" rocking all the little ones! It's a good thing!)
I love you ......... j*

Anonymous said...

Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Love and miss you all, Happy Easter,
Uncle Doo

ruthiepooh said...

I miss you so much Amanda. I finally got the courage to listen to "Soon", the song we sang at senior chapel during your slideshow, for the first time since then, and it was actually the song that comes right after "Soon" on the Hillsong album that really struck me. The song is entitled "You Hold Me Now"...I had never listened to it, and yet, I had owned the album for over a year. I was hoping to share the lyrics.

On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace

All my fear is swept away
In the light of your embrace
When Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now

In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails

When Your name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day

When the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now

For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your name

I hope that this encourages, as it has encouraged me. I know you are enjoying being in Jesus's arms. I am so jealous.